I. The President's Wife

Summary: Vice President Leni Robredo faces the struggles of being married to President Rodrigo Duterte and competing with the country for his love, time and attention.

Getting married to the president during his term has been really a tough charade for Leni who happens to be the incumbent vice president of the country as well. The struggles they faced for being a candidate from the two well known opposing sides of politics brought out the intensity of love they had for each other and the fact that they went through with it proved how much they love had.

Rodrigo, being the president, have more responsibilities compared to Leni, being the vice president whose role is mainly about being a ceremonial body. It was a challenge for her to keep their relationship going despite their political differences and their environment but then she didn't expect that his position, being the country's highest leader, will be her biggest rival on him.

Not wanting to take so much attention, Rodrigo and Leni exchanged vows on a private day of September 2 with only their closest family and friends to witness their special day. The country knew about their marriage but their decision were irreversible, they were certain of the love they had for each other and marriage is what they both wanted and needed. They didn't care anymore of what their critics has to say, they exchanged their vows without forgetting of the oath they took as they got elected by the people.

Their wedding reception ended around seven in the evening. The couple decided to have their initial honeymoon in an executive suite in Hotel H2O, they arrived at their suite around nine.

He gazed at his bride in her white plain long sleeved dress that perfect hugged her body's curves as she removed the hairpins freeing the soft waves of her hair.

A smile grew in his lips, she wondered why he was smiling. "Bakit?" She asked.

"You're very beautiful." He expressed looking so entranced by his wife.

She blushed and strode towards him, draping her arms around his neck and gazing into her husband's eyes. He smiled, his eyes twinkling as he looked at her angelic features.

He leaned closer and placed a soft kiss on his wife's lips, his hands traced the path of her back and found home by cupping her hips and pulling her close to him by the arch of her back.

She passionately reciprocated his kisses, leaned backward without letting go of his lips. For quite a while, their lips frantically brushed against each other. His hands explored the edges and curves of his beloved lady as she slowly submitted herself to her husband.

His phone suddenly rang interrupting their moment. He swiftly declined the call. "Sorry. Istorbo." He apologized and resumed his time with his wife.

She sat and inclined her back with the bed as he slowly zipped down her dress, caressing and stroking her bare back whilst ghosting her neck. She panted softly as she felt his lips languidly nuzzling her rose scented skin.

His phone rang again, demanding to be answered.

She withdrew from the kiss, "sagutin mo muna yan. Baka importante." She instructed him.

He hated to let his phone interrupt their special time together but since she ordered him to pick up, he gladly obeyed.

She patiently waited as he spoke to someone over the phone. Hearing their conversation, she knew something was up with his work.

"Ngayon? Panong nangyare yon?" He sounded astonished, carefully listening to the line.

She wondered what was going on but she didn't want to to interfere until he hangs up.

"Anong report ng mga ospital jan? How many are injured? May mga casualties ba?" He asked making Leni even more worried and intrigued.

"Tangína talaga ng mga yan makakatikim talaga sakin yan." His teeth gritted. "Sabihin mo kila Bato magreport sakin pagdating ko diyan." He demanded and glanced at his watch. "Nandiyan ako ng mga twelve o one." He estimated before dropping the line.

Leni knew their honeymoon has to be interrupted for now.

"Anong nangyari?" She asked with a worrying voice. "May nagbomba sa Davao, sa night market ngayon lang." He briefly answered. "Bomba? May mga nasaktan ba?" Her voice sounded so alarmed.

"May mga casualties." He felt responsible for not being able to protect them from the bombing. She rubbed his back for comfort. "Sino daw yung nagplanta ng bomba? Anong purpose?" She asked.

"Hindi pa alam pero terorista ang speculation based sa initial investigation. Pupunta ako ngayon para malaman ko." She wasn't in favor of his response.

"Pupunta ka ngayon?" She asked. With her tone, he knew she didn't like the idea of it.

"Love, kakabomba lang nung lugar, delikado pa kung pupunta ka doon ngayon." She warned him. "May mga military doon, kasama ko sila Delfin tsaka yung mga PSG at officer." He replied and began preparing his things.

He dialed Bong to ask him to inform him once the chopper to Davao is ready. Leni didn't have much chance to speak.

"Seryoso ka ba na pupunta ka ngayon? Hindi ba pwedeng hayaan mo muna humupa yung sitwasyon doon bago ka pumunta? Presidente ka, Digong. Kung terorista yang nagplanta ng bomba doon hindi malayong magpasabog ulit yan kung malaman na nandoon ka." She argued but he was too drained by the sudden chaos. "Nandiyan ka naman. Vice president ka di ba?" He retorted.

She exhaled sharply, "Love, ano ba naman yan?" She complained.

"Leni. Presidente ako and this is part of my job. Alam mo yan." He explained. "Kung pupunta ka, sasama ako." She stipulated but he had to be wise this time.

"No. Dito ka lang until I tell you so." He countered. "Vice president ako, sir. Concerned din ako sa sitwasyon doon." She debated. "It's not yet safe Leni." He replied.

"Yun na nga e!" She exclaimed. "Hindi pa nga safe kaya bakit ka didiretso doon? Magsusuicide ka ba?" She followed.

He opened the door and handed Bong his things. "Leni, pwede bang pag-usapan nalang natin 'to pag-usapan?" He requested.

"Panong sa ibang araw—"
"Leni." He uttered and gave her a cold stare.

He turned to the security and signaled them an order, they nodded in response.

"Digong—" she tried to run after him but the security blocked her way.

She knew it was his order to them and she had no choice but to deal with his decisions.

She went back to the room and dialed the possible connections she had to help her run after him and stop him from taking the risk of flying straight to the bombed area of Davao but Digong alerted the whole palace to disable all modes of transportation available for Leni to fly to Davao or follow him. She was completely powerless.

To be continued...