IV. The President's Wife

A smile grew on her lips as her best friend asked, "kamusta na kayo ni Digong?"

"So much better." She blushed as she recalled how intimate they got after she gave him his reward for his hard work.

Digong had a hint of his wife's insecurity and fear that he'll lose interest on her and he did everything he can to assure her that he won't. It just brought their relationship into flames — they can't seem to get enough of each other.

They sat side by side on their banquet seat during Bingbong's birthday party in Marco Polo. Few moments after their meal, Digong felt Leni playing a footsie with him under the table.

He looked at her but she didn't look back so it won't be too obvious. He leaned towards the table and exhaled heavily as he tried to contain his body responding to her teasing.

He placed his hand on her thigh making her stop. She looked at him with a luscious stare, "tapos ka na kumain?" She asked.

He started to think if he was misinterpreting everything. "Oo, ikaw?" He replied.

She removed his hand off her thigh and leaned towards him to whisper, "sunod ka sa kotse in two minutes."

"Excuse me, comfort room lang." she politely informed their friends.

She stood up, not leaving any other word for him. She looked back and flashed a naughty smile at him before she walked away.

He sighed and clasped his hand together as he thought it through. His stomach feels like turning, his pants felt tight, he really is helpless whenever his wife flirts with him.

After a couple of minutes, he excused himself from the people and went down to the basement to follow Leni's instruction.

Her guards were near their car, he knew she was inside already. He tapped on them, "fifteen minutes." He implied.

Their guards distanced themselves from them to give them some privacy. They were used to their bosses, they knew what to do whenever they ask for some privacy.

Digong opened the backseat's door and saw his wife seductively seated on it. He released a deep breath.

She smirked at him and flashed her smooth legs next to his eyes seducing him. 

Napakaswerte talaga.

He swiftly entered the vehicle and shut the door next to him. He crawled up to her and showered her with some hasty kisses. "Kanina pa ako nagpipigil." He uttered in between his ghosting of her neck.

She giggled, "wag ka na magpigil ngayon."

Their guards tried to ignore their vehicle slightly shaking in rhythm, pretended they didn't notice it for the next fifteen minutes.

"Ang galing talaga." She still finds it amusing to be all satisfied with his few minutes of work. He smiled and pinched her chin, "sarap mo kase e." He returned, she pursed her lips.

Leni went back to the event hall first so it won't be too obvious but some just couldn't miss the fact that she was glowing and she was secretly smiling when she returned. Digong fixed his hair before going back to his seat beside his wife.

She gave him a wanton stare as soon as he returned.

It's part of being the president to travel to risky places like the NPA's bailiwicks and warzones to empower the soldiers and military to lwards victory and it has been an issue between Leni and Digong ever since. She always worried for his safety, he always worried for the people.

"Leni, alam mo namang kailangan sa trabaho 'to." He explained. "Ano ba naman yung ako ang pangulo tapos hayaan ko lang yung mga military natin mag-giyera sa mga pula." He followed. She picked up his point but she didn't want anything to happen to him.

"Alam ko naman yon." She uttered softly, "nag-aalala lang ako para sa'yo. Baka may mangyaring masama sa'yo doon. Alam mo naman kung gano kadelikado." She retorted.

"Of course. Alam ko yung risk pero obligasyon ko 'to Leni. Sino bang ibang gagawa?" He tried to make her understand.

"Love naman..." she replied. "Alam ko namang isa yan sa mandato mo, obligasyon mo yan, sige pero nung kinasal tayo nangako ka rin sa Diyos di ba? Papano naman yung obligasyon mo bilang asawa ko?" She argued. "Kailangan pa kita." She added.

He was struck. He hated to be torn between the two most important things in his life — his country and Leni.

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of his head. He felt her exhale heavily on his chest.

He looked at her and cupped her face, frantically stroking her cheeks with his thumb.

"I'll be safe, Leni. Siguraduhin ko yan." He promised. "Wag mo ako alalahanin." He kissed her forehead.

She knew she had no choice but to trust him. She knows him so well, she knew he would never leave his people behind.

"Basta pangako mong babalik ka ng maayos." She demanded. "Pangako." He nodded.

"Hihintayin ka namin." She told him. A smile grew in his lips. She held his hand cupping her cheek and kissed it before she guided it towards her stomach.

"We'll wait for you, daddy." She uttered softly.

He looked at her in puzzlement as his hand rested on her stomach. "Daddy?" He asked for further explanation.

Her cheeks turned pink, she smiled and nodded weakly. "Yes, daddy. Hihintayin ka namin ni baby." She clarified.

His world stopped as her revelation swept him off his feet. "Buntis ka?" He asked.

She responded with a sweet smile. Digong was left speechless as she confirmed.

Words ran out of his head, he didn't know what to say. All he know was he is very happy to hear it from his wife's lips.

He hugged her tightly in shock and extreme bliss. He suddenly felt like he didn't want to leave her behind for work anymore but then he already committed.

"Pano... nagschedule na nang lipad ko sa bundok..." he worried. "Love. Love." She calmed him down. "Basta mag-ingat ka. Nandito lang kami maghihintay." She encouraged him.

He nodded, his eyes glistening in happiness. He couldn't believe they're expecting and it just fascinates him to think that he is having his first baby with the most special woman in his life, Leni Robredo.

"Ba't ngayon mo lang sinabi?" He asked. She chuckled, "kahapon ko lang rin nalaman." She answered.

He tried to contain himself but he couldn't get over it.

He tried to recall everything until it sank to him how much time they spend together making love recently. He wondered why he's still surprised that they managed to make a fruit out of their love.

To be continued...