6. Good & Bad News

Începe de la început

LargeBaguette: What?! Why?!
ANDpeggy: 😱
justyouwait: I think he beat Burr up at the park.
BrrahBrrah: good. i never liked burr anyway.
ANDpeggy: Nobody does.
LargeBaguette: he's a connard*
justyouwait: ...

LargeBaguette: Don't worry, mon ami*, he should be out in a day or two
BrrahBrrah: is there any particular reason he fought burr?
justyouwait: No.
ANDpeggy: sUrE
BrrahBrrah: alex, im the mom friend. i can tell your lying
justyouwait: Okay, fine! I'll tell y'all on Monday.

LargeBaguette: Now, what's the good news?
ANDpeggy: Yah, this convo is too depressing
justyouwait: Well... I'm getting adopted.
ANDpeggy: OMG
LargeBaguette: THATS AMAZING ALEX!
BrrahBrrah: IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

justyouwait: Yep! Anyways see y'all on Monday!
ANDpeggy: Bye Lex!
LargeBaguette: Bye Alex! Herc just fell asleep so just know he means 'bye!'

ANDpeggy: ...
justyouwait: Um... how exactly do you know that, Laff?
LargeBaguette: ...

——————timeskip———————

John's POV (Sunday)

John purposely avoided looking at the park on his way to see Alex. He didn't want anything to ruin his good mood. He rushed up their driveway and rapidly knocked on the door, practically dancing with excitement.

After what felt like an hour to John, Mr. Washington opened the door. He froze at the sight of the smiling boy with a fading bruise standing in front of him. Suddenly, he grabbed John into a hug and whispered 'Thank you' in his ear. He never saw John flinch.

"You don't have to thank me, sir," he muttered.

"But I want to," said Mr. Washington, "Alright, go see Alex."

"Thank you, sir," said John rushing off to see his friend. He never heard Washington whisper 'I ship it'.

John took a deep breath and knocked when he got to the door, waiting anxiously to see Alex. He couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face when Alex opened the door.

You're back! Alex signed, pulling him into a hug. John laughed and hugged him back, wincing slightly from the pain in his ribs.

He missed being able to spend time with his friends. John hasn't been able to leave the house since yesterday when he was released. (Btw I know nothing about law stuff) His father was furious with him, to say the least.

What did you do to Burr? signed Alex.

"He'll be fine," John sighed, "He may be walking with a limp for some time and he'll definitely have a crooked nose, but he'll be fine. He deserved worse."

You didn't get hurt, did you?

"I'm fine," he lied. He was definitely hurt, but Burr wasn't to blame for his injuries.

Are you sure? Alex signed with a doubtful look.

"Yes, Alex," he laughed causing Alex to visibly relax. It hurt John to lie to him, but he didn't want him to worry. He placed a smile on his face and hoped that Alex couldn't see past it. He still didn't look convinced.

"I have good news," they said/signed at the same time, taking a seat on the floor.

"You first."

No, you.

"Okay, okay," John said with a goofy smile," Burr confessed and was arrested. We won't have to see him for at least two years." His heart panged at the expression of pure relief on Alex's face.

He shouldn't have to be afraid in the first place, he thought. "Now, what's your good news?" he asked.

I'm getting adopted, he signed with a smile.

"That's amazing, Lex!" John said, pulling Alex into another hug. He deserves to be happy, he thought.

They stayed like that for a while, hugging on the floor of Alex's room. Then suddenly Alex's breath hitched and he pulled back with wide eyes.

John, he signed staring at the hem of John's shirt, If you're not hurt, then what are those?

Crap, thought John. While they were hugging his shirt rode up, exposing his many many bruises.

=========================
4/5/2020

Before y'all kill me for all of the angst I've been throwing at y'all lately, just know that there is a happy ending!!!

QOTD: What happened to John? [Edit- I just realized that it's kinda super obvious... but I was lazy sooo... yah]

Thanks for reading!-SunkissedChild5