Chapter 34

Brandy

I woke up confused. I knew that i was in a different room but when was i moved? I suddenly thought about Nancy and looked to my side. I seen an extra bed but couldn't see who was in it. I tried to sit up.

"Take an easy." It was Allison on the other side of me. I let out a little groan as i touch my wound. Man did this bitch hurt. I didn't remember feeling it last time I was woke. "I'll get the nurse to get you some pain meds." She said as she stands. I grab her hand and when she looks at me i point to the bed beside me. "Yes thats Nancy." I nod as I lay back. Once she leaves I force myself up and swing my legs over the bed. I knew that they were weak but I needed to see her. See for myself that it was really her.

"Here you go. Already trying to get up." I smile as Recheal enters the room. She comes over kissing me on the cheek. "Your ass is out." She said laughing. I didn't care. I motioned fornher to come near me and help me up. "Brandy you know you shouldn't be moving. Your body is too weak. I wasnt hearing that. She wrapped and arm around me and i force myself to stand. I gave myself a second to cope then took one then two steps. I thanked God that the other bed was close. I grab the rail and look down at Nancy. She looked as if she was sleep. "Shes okay Brandy. The doctor is going to wake her tomorrow." I nod my head then go back to the bed.

"Now you know you're not supposed to be up." Allison said as she came back with the nurse. I winced as they helped me lay in bed.

"Why can't she talk?" Recheal asked.

"The damage to her lungs cause temporary mute. As they heel her voice will come back. But with all the moving you're doing already they will take longer to heel. Give yourself time." She said to me. She gave me some pain meds and I sighed. I wanted to know where was Bear and why wasnt he head yet. I think it qas time to face my fear of him. He did help save nlmy life this time instead of trying to take it. There was a picture of a bear on the wal and i pointed to it. They looked but sidnt know what i was pointing to. Going in that direction Recheal pointed to it.

"Bear?" She asked confused and I nodded. "You mean Eddy?" I nodded again.

"He came yesterday but you were sleep once he got here. He should be here some time today. Seconds later in walked Yolanda.

"Guess what i got you." She said beeming. She had a dallor store bag and i smiled. Girl was learning. You didnt have to spend mad money to get what you wanted. She passed me a pad and pen. Yes now I can communicate better. "Thank you girl." Was the first thing i wrote.

"You're welcome."

"Dollar store ain't so bad right?"

"No its not." She said as they laughed.

"I wanna thank you both for getting me and Nancy a room together."

"No problem."

"Is he in jail?" I asked referring to Russell. They nodded there heads.

"That man is going to be in there for the rest of his life. Not one of us will allow him to get free." I nodded.

"I don't understand why im not dead." I wrote then hung my head.

"God was with you girl. Sometimes things aren't ment to be understood. Just accept it."

"He said that it was my fault. That he tried to kill us because of me."