Chapter 31

Nancy

I let out a deep breath before knocking on my mother's door.

"Its going to be okay." Brandy said trying to reassure me. It was easy for her to say because she didn't have to deal with my mother nagging ways all her life. We both looked when the door swung open and there stood my mother. Her eyes immediately fixed on Brandy.

"I didn't know that she was coming." She said and I sighed.

"I'll just wait in the car." Brandy said and I snap my head her way.

"No. You promised you'd do this with me.

"I didn't promise..."

"Brandy..."

"Its fine. She is welcomed inside." My mother say witch take me by surprise. I grab Brandys hand and we enter.

************************************

Brandy

As we enter the house I try to pull my hand from Nancys grip but shes not having it. And remembering our passed conversations I did remember promising that I'd have her back when it came to her mother. And how could I not support her now at this moment. Her holding my hand was telling me that she needed me and I had to be there. So I slid my hand more into hers entwining our fingers together. I wink at her when she looks at me making her smile.

"Are you two thirsty?" She ask as she made her way into the kitchen.

"Yes." Nancy answered for the both of us. We follow behind. She takes a set at the kitchen table and I stay standing. Her mother is watching me. "Theres a seat right next to me Brandy." She saids as shes giving me that sit yo ass down stare. I bite back a smile and take a seat. Her mother pours us something to drink and we both thank her but I dont drink any of it. My mother always said if you don't feel welcomed don't accept nothing. Although they didn't physically put vudu on what they're giving you you bets believe you gone go home with the shit's. Its nothing worst then being at someone's house that doesn't want you there.

"So what is it that you wanted to talk about mom?" Nancy asked wanting to get to the point.

"Well i just wanted to apologize for the way I acted at the office and the house."

"Apalogy accepted." She said without hesitation. "Is that it?"

"Nancy I know you're angry with me but you are my daughter."

"And you're my mother but that still didn't stop you from threatening to kick me out the house and throwing in my face that im nothing without you or that job. What kind of mother does that?"

"You know the way I was bought up."

"I understand that you were taught to hate someone because of there sexuality."

"I wasn't taught to hate..."

"Yes you were and you raised us the same way. But my brothers and sisters doesn't care about my sexuality. It seems that you are the only one."

"I was taught that same sex relationships aren't of God."

"And so was I but I can't turn off the way that I am. I dated those men in the past because I didn't want you to start questioning why I never dated. I lost my virginity to some guy I acted like I loved because of my fear of disapointing you. My fear of not being who you thought I should be. I was so tired of being who I wasn't. Being a lie. I went to Texas to get away and I happened to meet Brandy there. I've never been so happy mom. And you rather save face with these pretend Christians than accept me for who I am. I can't hide it and I won't. Pretending is a full time job and it finally begin draining me." I reached over and grabbed her hand kissing me there. God how I loved this woman.