The Lover and the Fighter - Modern AU! - Annie x Reader

Not too sure how I feel about this one. I love the idea and the plot, but the way I've got it written is just. Eh.

Annie is one of my favorite characters so I had to do at least one with her. God, I love her so much. Her, Ymir, and Hanji are my favorite females. 

Anyways, enjoy.

~~~

The two couldn't be anymore different.

One a cold boxer, the other a smiling painter. 

Annie Leonhardt was not what you would call a "loving and caring" person. She was on a boxing team and fought a lot. She normally wore an expressionless face and talked to a wide group of friends. Every Thursday night she would battle it out in an arena with an opponent from another team, usually winning the fight and becoming the team's star fighter. The matches were the towns only form of entertainment due to the fact that it was a smaller city, meaning the building was normally packed with people of all ages. Everybody came except for the one person that really mattered to Annie; or so she thought. 

(F/N) (L/N) was a shy, quiet and warm girl who adored art as much as fish loved water. Painting was her air, her life, her escape from reality. She rarely spoke and always smiled. However as sweet and generous as she was, the only person that bothered to speak to her was Krista Lenz. Not that she cared about only having one friend; she preferred it that way. It left her more time to paint. Every morning upon arrival at school, (F/N) could be found in the art room with a painting easel set up in front of the window, her back to the door. She was okay with being invisible; unless it came to Annie. The only person that could make a blush rise to (F/N)'s cheeks and make her heart race. 

What (F/N) didn't know, was that every morning she was busying herself with a paintbrush, Annie was watching her through the window next to the door, admiring every stroke and every detail on the canvas. 

However, what Annie didn't know, was that every Thursday night, (F/N) was there among the wild people, watching and silently cheering her on. She was always so proud of Annie when she managed to destroy her opponent. 

But the two girls had never spoken a word to each other.

They had never even acknowledged the other's existence. 

~~~

(F/N) always knew she felt something towards the infamous Annie Leonhardt. She just never thought it would come down to this. 

She chewed on her bottom lip as she stared down at her sketchpad. Normally, she wouldn't even touch this thing; she'd be up in the attic in the art studio her father had set up with a canvas and a paintbrush.

But it was kind of hard to paint in the middle of a frenzied crowd. She could hear them chanting her name over and over again. 

"Annie! Annie! Annie!"

A random man jostled her arm as he flailed wildly, sending her pencil across the paper. (F/N) gaped at the long, dark mark now etched across the face she had been sketching out. If she had a temper, it would be out of control right now. 

It was her fault anyway; she shouldn't be trying to draw in the middle of a boxing match with excited people all around her. 

"Very well,"  she thought, shutting the sketchpad and clutching it to her chest as she watched Annie knock out her opponent. The referee blew his whistle to indicate the end of the game, the hyperactive crowd screaming and jumping, slapping palms against each other and chest bumping as Annie was announced as the winner.