Trouble - Erwin x Reader

Everyone knew how much you cared for Commander Erwin Smith. Everyone knew even more how much he cared for you. It was no secret that the two of you would do anything to keep the other safe. You were his go to person when he was struggling with formation plans or anything of personal matter.

Usually on expeditions, he made sure you were close enough to him that he would be able to make sure you were alive and well. Although it bothered you when he went overboard to ensure your safety, you were delighted that he cared so much.

However, as much as Erwin wanted to believe, you were not weak; far from it. You had ranked number three in your graduating class altogether, but within using the 3DMG and slicing titans, you ranked at number one. You could easily protect yourself.

Despite this, you always felt safer around your lover. Hence why you were a nervous wreck when you were put into the rear on the next expedition. 

Everything was going according to plan for the first half of the expedition. It was very seldom that a titan was spotted, and even more rare when one approached and threatened to break the formation. In fact, the only major attack occurred on the other side of the entire formation, nearly wiping out quite a few people. 

Luckily in the end, the titan was taken cared of and everyone was able to escape with their lives. However there was an excessive amount of injury.

Upon arrival at the castle ruins marked as a checkpoint, you immediately went off on a search for your beloved commander. Although you highly doubted it, you couldn't help but worry about whether or not he was hurt.

When you spotted the perfectly combed back blonde hair though, you couldn't prevent yourself from running to him and jumping onto his back, arms and legs wound tightly around him.

"Erwin!" You exclaimed, nuzzling your face into the back of his neck.

At first he was taken off guard by the sudden attack, but when he recognized your voice, that usual warm smile spread across his features and glanced back at your overly happy face.

"There you are," he said, letting you drop from his back before turning around to face you. "I had no idea that your squad was getting reapportioned into the rear." 

You frowned at his words. "You're the commander, shouldn't somebody have informed you? Or gotten permission to switch the squads around?"

Erwin's authoritative face reappeared as he nodded. "That's exactly what was supposed to happen. After this expedition I'll find out who it was that decided to change things around without me knowing."

You sighed and looked to your left, watching as a lot of the scouts went inside the ruined building, carrying supplies and unloading the wagons. Your frown deepened.

"Why are they unloading?"

Erwin glanced in the direction you were looking. "We're camping here overnight. With all of these injured people, we won't make it back to the wall safely. They need to get their strength up."

"Overnight?" Your eyebrows shot up. "Erwin, you know that's too dangerous. We haven't done something like this in years. Are you sure this is the safest option?"

"(F/N) it's just one night. We'll have people taking shifts to keep guard just in case a titan does somehow become active overnight. I've got everything under control."

You crossed your arms as you watched everyone. 

Whatever you say, Commander Eyebrows.

~~~

It was difficult for you to sleep. You had been struggling for the past three hours to fall unconscious, but so far no luck. You tried pacing to help make you sleepy, and even smuggled some of Hanji's research to read.