Tell Me More - Armin x Reader

You had never been a fan of reading and never had any interest in the outside world and what it held. You never cared about any of that and only joined the military so you could follow in your mothers footsteps and join the Garrison. You had everything planned out and knew exactly what you wanted to do after graduation. 

That was until you met Armin Arlert. 

When you first found him curled up in the corner of the training camp's library with his nose buried in a book, you scoffed and moved on. 

When you first heard him talk about the Survey Corps, a sudden interest sparked in you.

When you first heard him speak about the flaming water, land made of ice, and fields of sand, you tuned in to his words.

When you first asked him about what he was talking about, he was happy to tell you more.

~~~

"Morning, Armin!" You greeted as you sat beside him for breakfast. He looked up from the new book he had found and smiled at you in return. 

You peered over his shoulder to see what he had been reading. "What's that about?" 

A small blush crept onto his face as he pointed out a few sentences to you. "A book I found in the back of the library. It was covered in dust. I'm guessing it's been here longer than Shadis himself and no one even knew about it. Heck, it's probably been there longer than the titans have roamed the Earth," he explained excitedly, his blue eyes dancing as he looked back and forth between you and the book. 

Your eyes widened ever so slightly as you realized this was a survivor book from the before.

"What does it talk about?" You asked. "Can we read it later?"

Armin nodded, his usual smile not once slipping from his face. "After training but before dinner. Meet me in the very back of the library. Maybe there are some more!"

You opened your mouth to reply to him but quickly snapped it shut again when Eren and Mikasa sat across from the two of you. 

You had never gotten along with either of them because Eren was under the impression you were pretending to be Armin's friend so you could make fun of him. You weren't sure why Mikasa didn't get along with you, but you had a feeling it had something to do with Eren's reasoning. 

Sure you could be kind of rude and obnoxious at times, but you would never stoop as low as faking being Armin's friend just to make fun of him. You would never do that to anyone and especially not to Armin. 

As Eren sat down he sneered at you but said nothing. Mikasa paid no attention to you. 

To be completely honest, you were slightly offended and hurt that they would think of you like that when they didn't even know you. They only made the assumption that you were cold-hearted because you hung around Ymir when she wasn't around Christa.

Ymir wasn't even that bad.

Eren continued to shoot you glares throughout breakfast, and about halfway through you had had enough. 

"Hey Armin, I'm gonna go. I'll see you later," you mumbled. You stood up without making eye contact with the other two people and walked out of the mess hall. 

You didn't even feel angry about the fact that Eren was so distrustful of you, which was weird because you had about as many anger issues as he did. Maybe hanging out with Armin was calming you down.

"Hey."

You paused and turned around to find Eren stalking down the hall after you. You narrowed your eyes as you felt your temper flare up.