10. Pretty Visitors

Start from the beginning

We hadn't been out on any dates but he'd surprised me with flowers on multiple occasions and grew to tell me sweet nothings like he loved and adored me and that was all I could ask for.

Even when I dropped him off at the airport and hugged him goodbye, we felt like a proper, healthy couple. It no longer felt like we were acquaintances on a first date. To me this was a sign that we were fixing things and that I wasn't in denial and that we really just did have a rough patch, not that he was falling out of love with me.

"Message me when you land so I know you're there safe," I said to him as we stood by my now fixed car at the drop off point.

"Try not to get into any trouble while I'm gone," he smiled and kissed my lips hard.

  "I love you," I grinned, flicking my eyes up from his lips to those beautiful green eyes that made me weak at the knees.

  "I love you too," he smiled softly and pressed his lips to mine once more as I melted completely for him.

  As soon as I'd waved him off I rushed home and got ready for work. To keep my rent paid I'd had to take up an extra shift this week and would have to catch up on all the classes I was gonna miss that night. It was a little hectic but I was managing.

  It was only me at the reception that morning and being a weekday, it was quite as hell so you can bet I just sat on my phone out of view until something happened. Jackson told me he was coming on at two but that was four hours away and I was finishing at three so that really only meant an hour of fun. The boredom of sitting alone washed out my excitement about the exhibition.

  Once Jackson arrived that's where the day starts to get interesting. We were just messing around, being the only ones at work, throwing paper at each other and all that when a familiar somebody walked in. Alex in all his glory.

"I were in the area and thought I might check to see if you were 'ere," he told me. Apparently I'd drunkenly told him the gallery I worked at, I was surprised he remembered. The entire time Alex was there Jackson's jaw was on the floor and I had no idea why. He also told Alex about the whole exhibition thing and that got the guy excited, Alex promising me that he was going to be there even when I told him he didn't have to if he didn't want to.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," he told me, that same smile that made me feel good about myself adorned his lips. Once he left due to his friends blowing up his phone and asking where he was, Jackson turned to me and said:

"That's the Alex guy?"

And that's how I found out Alex was the frontman of the band 'Arctic Monkeys'. A bit anti climactic but that's life isn't it?

When I asked Alex why he didn't tell me the band he was a part of was a very well known one, I'd even listened to their songs and never even knew it, he told me that whenever he did tell people they'd start trying to use him for the benefits of his profession and he was worried it would ruin our friendship.

"I dunno...I guess it were just nice knowing someone liked me for me and not for me band," he said. "I hate when all I am is 'the guy from 'Arctic Monkeys', I guess sometimes I just want people to see me as 'Alex' again."

"Well I won't think of you any different," I told him, "you're still the loser who fell in my bush to me."

  During the duration of Christian's trip to San Fran we didn't fight once, let alone argue. It was the best feeling on earth. I decided I wouldn't call him whenever I felt like it so he didn't feel like I was being clingy but when we did call he'd be telling me how all his work over there was going, and that was fine because at least he was happy.