41. Shie Hassaikai Raid Preparations!

Start from the beginning

"195 years old, you geezer!" Rowe interrupted before having to duck from the mannequin attack. "Please?! Keep it down! In public, I'm at least 80 years old!" Delsin widen his eyes. "Okay old man!" he said before he used his Light Speed to head back to the dorms for rest leaving Sebastian to himself to clean up the mess.

The next morning, Delsin woke up beside his hot rich girlfriend before getting out of bed to get ready and was seen walking out of the dormitories at 8 am, accompanied by Izuku who walked silently behind him. They walked out the compound before heading to the station in nothing but silence which Delsin had enough of. "Okay, what's your deal? Why are you so upset all of a sudden?". Izuku remained silent. "Is it about Eri? We're going to save her Izuku". Midoriya smiled slightly. "I know that. I wasn't thinking about that but... Can I ask you something?". The Conduit Mode user turned to Izuku curiously.

"Did um... John... You know the Beast... Um... Did he ever have any other...candidates for h-his quirk?". Delsin thought of the question before stopping completely, making Midoriya stop as well. "Well I have to say yeah, I mean, All For One was also a wielder of John's quirk before me and so was my brother. Though, John had no idea that Reggie was given his power at that moment but it is what it is. Why? What makes you ask?". Midoriya frowned a bit before he turned to Delsin. "All Might... He.. He told me that he was considering choosing Togata-san as his successor before he chose me and didn't tell me". "Oh I see where this is going. So you're wondering if it's the right choice for you to be the successor when Mirio should've been chosen?".

Midoriya nodded, leaving Rowe to walk past him. "Well, I believe All Might was right not to tell you". Izuku jumped back in shock. "How could you say that?! Do you have any idea how I feel?!". Delsin turned to Midoriya and glared slightly, having Midoriya flinch a little. "Yeah, I do know how you feel and honestly, it's pointless. You should trust All Might’s judgement. Do you think he would still give you One For All when he still had Mirio in his mind? He chose you because you surpassed his own expectations, you showed him that there was more to you than just a quirkless kid, you showed him that you were more worthy to accept One For All!".

Midoriya watched as his friend in awe. "But N-N-Nighteye-". "Oh please, Nighteye is just upset that his beliefs weren't valued by All Might and is taking his anger out on you since you're All Might’s chosen one. I don't know why you heed the words of the sidekick rather than the actual hero himself who believes in YOU. It's All Mights quirk at the end of the day, he chose who HE thought was worthy, it wasn't nor will it ever be up to Nighteye who was worthy or not. Let him have his opinions, it doesn't matter unless its what All Might thinks". "Besides, if All Might gave his quirk to Mirio, he'd be too op. No one would be able to stop him which means he might beat me from becoming the number one hero and that'll be a problem I won't be able to live with. So technically, All Might secured my spot".

Izuku playfully frowned. "Hey! Are you saying that I can't beat you?". Delsin looked at him smugly. "Maybe one day, Deku but right now, I'm outta your league!" Delsin said before running to the station with Midoriya chasing him with a OFA infused fist. 'But you're right though, Delsin-san. I must believe in All Might’s judgment, trust in his belief in me and make him proud' Izuku thought before continuing to chase the Conduit Mode user.

After horsing around for a while, the two board the train before he was tackled by a blue flash. "Hey future husband!" Nejire yelled as she piggy backs him, kissing his cheek heavily. "Nejire... I missed you" He smiled wholeheartedly, before turning around and kissing her on her lips, getting a cute moan from her. "I miss you too, Delsin-kun" She said with a blush. Izuku blushed at the sight but was soon interrupted by Togata slapping him on the back. "Hey it's my co-worker! Hey! How ya been?!". Izuku rubbed his back from the firm slap. "C-C-Could be better without the assault, thanks".