57. New Marais Is A New Migraine

"No, Delsin, the star is still too crooked. More to the left" Yaoyorozu said as she watched Rowe, who was on a step ladder, fixing the star on top the a large Christmas tree. "Is this alright?" He asked tilting it slightly to the left. Momo frowned. "More. It's like you don't have vision!" Rowe sighed in mock annoyance. "Oh I have all sorts of vision just not rich girl vision! Momo, it's gonna be fine. Everyone is gonna have a great time!". Yaoyorozu took a deep breath in and out to relax. "Right....right, I'm worrying for nothing but my parents are so hard to please with these things-". "We'll I doubt they'll nitpick when they see her daughter is happy!" He smiled.

She smiled as she grabbed his shirt, pulled him down from the ladder to peck his lips. "What would I do without you?". "Wallow in despair mostly". Yaoyorozu rolled her eyes. Today was Christmas eve, and the happy polyamorous trio were hosting a Christmas party, inviting all their friends and family so they can all ring in the Christmas together. This was all Yaoyorozu's idea as this would be their first Christmas with Delsin in the new condo so she thought to do something special for it.

The apartment was huge that it was basically meant for gatherings such as this so they didn't hold back on the guest list, they even went as far as to invite their friend's family members too as they can all spend time together. Yaoyorozu even booked the lounge area for the night. Yaoyorozu was in charge of decorations while Delsin was in charge of cook while Nejire was baking the sweets. Delsin had the help of Betty and Inko Midoriya for the help as it was a bit much for Delsin alone to cook for almost 50+ people.

Yaoyorozu just wanted this party to go perfectly planned since her own family was coming to the event as well as Nejire's and Delsin's. She just wanted to put the lasting thought that she was in good hands but with Delsin's words, she didn't need to prove it. She was. "You idiot. Go see if Nejire needs help, I'll be looking for the sparkling champagne". Delsin nodded before he neon sprinted to the kitchen and the sight of Nejire with powder spots all over her was in his view. She rushed all over the kitchen like a blue and white blur. She spotted him and sighed in relief. "Good, your here! Hold these in your hands and use your fire power to bake these. Put on low, I repeat, low as possible! I'm running out of time!" Nejire said as placed two trays of raw cookie in his hands before she rushed to the oven and oversee the other baked goods.

"But I need to cook the food!". Nejire frowned. "Then be quick!". Delsin rolled his eyes before he summoned heat to his hands, enough to speed up the process. She eyed the cookies bake in such speed that it was remarkable. "Yes, perfect!". She moved to grab the tray but Delsin shouted. "Gloves! GLOVES!". Nejire widened her eyes as she almost touched the hot tray. "Right, right! Good call!". Delsin laughed at his careless girlfriend.

She grabbed the trays from him while he went to go to the stove himself as he was cooking some stew chicken and beans, sweet rice, with some cut up carrots and asparagus. Betty was in charge of the two turkey and cake, while Inko was to bring more Japanese Christmas food to the table, which believe it or not was fried chicken. Delsin himself was shocked when he found out but he wasn't mad at it either. "Okay, the food looks good!" Nejire took a spoon and taste tested it. "Tastes great, too". Delsin smiled. "Then it's ready to be served! Just in time too. We only really have 2 hours before everyone shows up!".

"I know, aren't you excited?!" Nejire hopped on her feet. She loved Christmas. "Yeah, I am. I actually am. You know, this would be my first real Christmas gathering in a long, long time. After mom and dad died, It was really just me and Betty". Nejire frowned in sadness as she rubbed his shoulders. "Betty tried her best but she could never really revamp Christmas the way it used to be. But this.....this is wayyyy better than before and I get to enjoy it with everyone I love!". Nejire smiled before she pecked his cheek. "I know, we feel the same way!".