41. Shie Hassaikai Raid Preparations!

Start from the beginning

Sebastian was on the side of his training area which happened to be a secluded part of town, a forest that no one really goes to anymore. "Focus it, Delsin. You must focus that power in your hand but don't let it explode, filter it". Delsin concentrated on his target, raised his hand and began to channel his energy at the mannequin. 'Concentrate! CONCENTRATE! Delsin you can do this! Think of Tony Star's repulsor beams, think like that... Yeah that'll do it' he thought before he began to shoot a very strong blast that took off the mannequin's head before flying back into a wall.

The shot was short but it was small and concentrated, it looked like Delsin's Neon power but it was white and the energy was powerful, it made your hair stand up. That was concentrated Ray Field energy. Wolfe clapped his hands together. "Not bad, Rowe! Not bad at all! Although it's not what we wanted, it's a start. You have an idea of what you want right?". Delsin got up from the ground and patted himself from the dirt. "Yeah! I know what I want. It's gonna be the same thing as a regular blast but smaller. I realized that during those times I used this power move things change each time".

"Oh? How so?". "The shape in the power of Ray Field Blast. When I first used the move, it was on Nomu, it wasn't even concentrated, I just punched him and let all the energy do its work but it caused a lot of damage and I nearly killed my friends when I did that. The other time was with All For One but what was different about that time was that I had more control but my power still went overboard but it was concentrated enough to only attack him and not all around me like Nomu.....".

"So what was the situation there?". Delsin looked at him curiously. "I... Was only thinking of beating All For One and.... Protecting my friends". Sebastian smiled. "And when you were dealing with Nomu? Did you feel the same then too?". Delsin thought for a while recalling the moment then and remembered the feeling of taking on Nomu"Then think of those moments when you were in danger, when your friends were in danger. What were you feeling then and try and feel it now". Delsin nodded his head and stared at the headless mannequin again, raising his hand to the mannequin and searched deep within himself.

He found himself fearing the deaths of his friends and girlfriends. His aunt and little sister, his teachers. The people he grew to love so much, dying at the hands of evil, at the hands of his brother. Seeing his brother harm the ones closest to him built a fire in him that sent him wild. Seeing Reggie turn to face him with that sadistic grin on his face while he butchered them, saying a sentence that brought him pure rage and despair. 'Now it's just me and you, like it should've been....don't let your feelings of love blind you, little brother'. He opened his eyes and fired of a small concentrated beam of energy that lasted 3 seconds before it stopped.

Sebastian put a hand on his shoulder. "Now that's progress!" he smiled. Delsin smirked. It was a break through but he still had a long way to go before mastering this technique. Suddenly, Delsin's phone began to ring. He ran to his book bag that he brought with him and answered. "Hello?". "Rowe-san, it's me, Nighteye. I hope I'm not interrupting anything important?". Delsin widen his eyes, surprised to hear from him so suddenly. "No... No no, I was just training but I finished just now actually. What do you need? Are you calling us in now?". "Not now. Tomorrow, at my office building. Don't be late!". With that, the call ended nearly as quick as it started. Delsin checked the time to see that it was already 12 at night.

He had been training with Wolfe for the entire two weeks he was waiting for Nighteye and he can safely say he was better than he once was before. He was back in shape and better than when he left off thanks to Augustine's quirk to boot. He began to pick up his belongings before turning to Sebastian. "I have to go, my agency needs me to be there bright and early tomorrow so best get some sleep. Do you need and help cleaning up, old man?". Sebastian glared at Delsin's smirking face. "OLD MAN?! Well?!! I'll have you know that I'm only-".