"Chloe went to Columbia as well right?" Tom asked just after I quickly introduced him to the others, a wary look being thrown at him from Niall and Zayn and I frowned.

"Yeah, she did. We um, we had a class together actually."

"Oh my god, Poppy you sounded so American just then!" Eleanor butted in making me look at her like she had two heads.

"She's right." Tom agreed, getting hums of agreement from a few others as I rolled my eyes. "But was she...nice?"

"It's Chloe." I said pointedly but then immediately felt bad. "We um we actually went out a couple of times together. We kinda talked about why there were issues, I don't know. I think we're friends."

"That's good. Wow, you're so grown up Poppy Carmichael." Tom laughed making me pinch his side.

"Wait who's Chloe and why did she hate you? Do I need to fight her?" Eleanor asked and I looked over at her wide eyed.

"No no!" I rushed out, looking at Louis for help, only to receive a shrug. "It was just...boy stuff."

A look of realisation crossed everyone's face and I immediately felt the atmosphere shift and I sighed, I assumed that if everyone here knew then he did too but once again; Harry wasn't here.

I glanced over my shoulder, stupidly, I knew I shouldn't but I did it anyway and I felt like throwing up as I saw a black Range Rover parked on the street, only to disappoint myself as I watched some man that was most definitely not Harry get out.

Why did I keep doing this?

The sound of the clock tower ringing out came as a relief as Tom glanced at me as I looked at Niall, I didn't know how but somehow he'd become my closest friend here.

Although I wasn't complaining.

"Alright, break a leg Popcorn." Niall smiled as I gave him one last hug. "We'll see you afterwards."

I nodded as I waved at the rest of them as Eleanor gave me a last quick hug before they started off with the rest of the graduate's friends and families and I looked at Tom and let out a breath.

"Ready to celebrate spending forty thousand pounds only to receive a piece of paper for it?"

"You know it." I laughed as Tom slung an arm over my shoulder as we joined the other students to head in to get changed.

I threw one last glance over my shoulder and I felt my breathing falter as I spotted a tall curly headed man, our eyes meeting across the courtyard only for me to be pulled in by Tom and I lost sight of him before I could see who it was.

There was no way that it was him.

I mean, if he knew this was happening today... why would he come?

We weren't friends, we'd never dated.

I shook my head as if I was trying to clear my thoughts and instead found my labelled garment bag holding my gown and cap and I slipped it on over the pink Alexander McQueen dress I was wearing.

I checked my phone one last time to see a message from Lindsee and I smiled at it.

Goodluck P, I'll be watching!! Love you lots💛

I had to admit I was surprised that she had stuck to it considering she had graduated yesterday and she'd gone out to celebrate with Mitch and Sarah afterwards, I'd had several drunk texts which had amused me to no end.

And I also knew it was only half seven in the morning in NY so it was surprising she was awake.

But it was nice that she had kept to our promise, I had too except I hadn't watched the livestream, I'd got Sarah to facetime me through the event so I could watch.