Chapter 19: Alibis and Proof

Start from the beginning

"He lied to us when he said that he was oblivious of the fact that he got messages when he doesn't know her." Jongmin says before they focused on the conversation of the two.

-The transfer student has connections with the victim

Jaewook then laughs at the screen as he only see's English letters. It was honestly giving him a headache. The messages all had a date on top yet everything seems unfamiliar except that. "Scroll down a bit." Jongmin says then he stopped the former agent at a specific date. "The date when she died." He said as he pointed at the monitor when then words were written in English.

-Had a conversation before the victim died

Then the two sees a familiar figure at the entrance of the room. It was Gong Myung. The person who is suspicious to them right now. He was standing there with a quite nervous expression silently as the detectives stare at him.

Then Gong Myung started running downstairs as Jongmin followed him as fast as possible. They were by the exit when Gong Myung falls down, due to the said cramps. The run was long and tiring and since it was so sudden he must've had cramps.

"Did you catch him?" The former agent asks as he approached them, Jongmin answering a yes as he helps the student stand up.

Now Gong Myung was smiling innocently. The former agent then approached him in a scary manner, removing the smile from his face. "Why did you lie when you said that you didn't know Yoonha?"

"I'll tell you the truth." He says with his soft features. "Yoonha and I were actually childhood friends. We lost contact when I went to the states and then reconnected a while ago with SNS." Gong Myung calmly says as the two detectives listened.

-A childhood friend of the victim?

"I was excited to finally transfer schools with her. Unfortunately, before I was able to transfer school, she died." Gong Myung explains. "No one in the school knows our relationship. It would have been too complicated."

-Chose to hide the fact that they were friends

Detective Ahn then fixed his glasses and stood up properly. "I understand how you wanted to keep your relationship with Yoonha. But then was it necessary to join Surprise?" He asked the student.

"Actually," He starts but then gets cut by his own ringing phone that he checks and hides quickly. "They let me join because I am really handsome." He says with a sheepish laugh as the two detectives just nodded.

-Well, it was kind of true

"Shall we sit down and talk?" -Jaewook

"I'm sorry but I really have to go somewhere." Gong Myung says as he opens his phone to check.

"Then let us ask you one more question." Jaewook said. "What scared you and made you uncomfortable the day the Yoonha died?"

The question made the calm student panic. "The two of you are making me uncomfortable so I should go now." He said as calm as possible before sprinting towards the exit and into a cab.

-Exiting the scene as fast as possible

The two detectives decided to follow the student by a taxi, giving Minyoung a call who was with Y/n to take a look at the messages that was written in English. They explained that Please pick up the P. I'm scared was talking about the phone. They also read the whole conversation to make sure not to miss a thing. Gong Myung's taxi stopped and so did the detective's. They were at a table tennis game center and that was then the two decided to call the rest to come over.