Chapter 18: Motives

Start from the beginning

"We weren't close to her but we know her." The taller girl said as the two detectives stood in front of them.

-Find someone who knew the victim

"I always see her in the music room with Seo Kang Joon. They were often playing piano there. I think they were going to a competition." The shorter girls said as the two detectives take now.

-A competition with Seo Kang Joon

Kwangsoo and Sejong were at the other side as a group of 3 boys passed by. "Excuse me! Do know a student named Ji Yoonha?" Kwangsoo asked.

"I know her! She's pretty." He says with a calm state. "I used to go to the Sweetness Storage everyday just to see her." He continued as the person on his right smiled.

"I did too! She was really pretty!" He said enthusiastically as Kwangsoo took note.

"Y/n is prettier." Sejong says before returning to the talk with the boys. "What again? Sweetness Storage?" She asks.

"Yes. It's a small snack place where all the rumors from our school starts." The boy answers. "Then that too." He says as he stares at the two friends nervously.

-Sweetness Storage

"The rumor about Seo Kang Joon..."

-A rumor about the bestfriend

"What rumor?" Kwangsoo asked as he and Sejong moves closer but then they see the time so they decided to cram. They ran away the two detectives as the two were dumbfounded.

"What is it about Seo Kang Joon?" Sejong says as she and Kwangsoo walks.

"Something is fishy." Minyoung says as the two girls bid goodbye. "Kang Joon said that they were friends and nothing after that." She says as the two walked.

"Even people know that they used the music room all day together." Jaesuk says as his suspicion rise.

-Kang Joon and Yoonha were really close

"They were friends since freshman yet they drifted apart suddenly until recently. It is surely odd." Minyoung says as she stares at the hallway as she thinks.

After a small talk with Kwangsoo and Sejong, they decided to split and go to two destinations to find out clues for the murder. Kwangsoo and Sejong goes to the Sweetness Storage while Minyoung and Jaesuk goes to the music room. It was good that the team consists of 8 members so that no one would be left alone.

Minyoung and Jaesuk left as quick as possible the moment they heard the sound of the piano. They successfully found the music room and Jaesuk slowly opens the door. It revealed a room filled with tables and chairs that had shelves of books around. There was a grand piano at the front and there seated Kang Joon, playing a piece beautifully.

-The music room

"Excuse me." Jaesuk says as Kang Joon averts his gaze from the piano to the detectives as Minyoung just sits down.

"Yes?" Kang Joon asks the man.

"We're here to ask you about questions." Jaesuk says.

"What is it this time?" He answered with a calm and blank stare.

"What were you doing now?"

"I was practicing for my competition."

"I heard that Yoonha was also participating in that competition." Jaesuk says as the student nodded.