Insert: Reyneld's Journal

Date added: 04/04/2020

Date published: 13/09/2020

A Journal Kept by Reyneld Bladesworn

The Aftermath: Anhua

Dawn was coming.

Slowly but surely it lit the battlefield, illuminating pure carnage. Bodies littered the field and blood made the soil red. Glittering scales showed the dragon corpses that covered the ground. Each enormous body was covered in multitudes of wounds, some even mangled beyond recognition. Red bodies also scattered the battlefield, but there were far fewer than those of dragons and humans. Demons do not die easily. Even as the sun rose, smoke could be seen from the burning villages and towns. This is not war. No, it's slaughter. No prisoners taken, simply death on all sides.

My kingdom has become unrecognizable; smoke stains the sky and the sun rises on a broken land. Everything I have ever done is wasted. I have no home... no hope. I lost everything when my kingdom fell.

I am a Guardian with no kingdom.

I am a Lord with no people.

What does that make me?

Will I just disappear into the world? A man who fought for his kingdom but wasn't able to do anything?

I have nothing now...

<--<< >>-->

Author's Note:

I was looking through my stuff for any interesting tidbits and found Reyneld's journal, so enjoy some of his thoughts on the war.