vi

He scanned the rest of the articles in the box and became frantic when he saw that it all contain the same topic. From the headlines to the image of Tae and his late wife, to the pictures of the twins and the trials after it. He couldn’t contain his shock and disbelief and threw the papers away. He struggled to control his emotions as he leaned along the wall while he dragged his feet to step out of the room. He was trying to calm his self as he walked away from the wretched room. His heart is beating fast and he is trying to catch his breath. His mind is telling him to get away as fast as he can but his heart is telling him to stay and ask. He does not want to believe those stories. It cannot be true, his husband is a good man.

Flashbacks of the day Mrs. Anuwat was in their home assaulted him.

So, you are his new victim then

I am here for my grandchildren. I came to make sure that that husband of yours has not killed them like he did with my Pring.”

How dare you claim my grandchildren as yours! You will never replace my daughter. He killed her! I know he killed her! Just you wait while I prove that to you!

Her accusations and the newspaper articles scream of Tae’s hand in Pring Anuwat-Kreepolrerk’s death. He just could not believe it. His husband. His sweet, innocent and gentle Tae. A murderer. No. It cannot be. It just cannot be. Why? Why now? Why now when… ‘No! Stop it Tee. Since when do you believe in rumours rather than in facts? If it had been true, why did Dad allowed him to marry me’ he thought to himself. And with those thoughts, he calmed himself and waited for the day Tae would come home.

That night, Tae arrived late and found Tee asleep in their bed. He visited his children’s room first before he joined his sleeping husband in bed. He reached for him and pulled him close to his chest, making him lay his head on his shoulder and hugging him tight before kissing his lips and wishing him a goodnight.

 He reached for him and pulled him close to his chest, making him lay his head on his shoulder and hugging him tight before kissing his lips and wishing him a goodnight

Tee was surprised to find himself snuggled in Tae’s arms when he woke up. He did not feel him get in bed last night which meant he was pretty exhausted. He is at war whether to be ecstatic that he is already home or apprehensive that he might meet the same fate of his late wife. He decided to set his pessimistic views aside and to just enjoy the moment. He rarely has a moment wherein he gets to wake up ahead of Tae and to just watch him sleep.

As much as he wants to deny it to himself, this gorgeous man beside him has apparently caught his elusive affection and seems to have melt his infamous heart of ice. ‘Oh fucking hell, I think I’ve fallen for him

They were done with breakfast when Tae stepped into the dining room and greeted them. He kissed the top of his children’s head and went straight towards his pale husband and bestowed him a chaste morning kiss. Tee could not help the blush that crept up his face as the boys giggled at their father’s blatant display.

“Tae, I’m taking the kids to the public pool after lunch for their lessons. Are you going out or staying at home?” Tee asked him as he placed a plate full bacon and eggs and a bowl of fruits in front of him.

Even though they have their own pool at home and could afford a private tutor for the kids, they opted to enroll them in lessons at the public pool to be exposed them to other children. Tae does not like his kids to grow up aloof and snobbish. He wants them to learn how to get along with other people and be wary of their actions. As much as he wants to shelter them of their status, this is one of his ways for them to have a normal childhood.

“I’ll just do a quick check at the office and then head back. I will might meet you there” was Tae’s answer.

Tee kissed him goodbye before he herded the twins towards the door. Tae could not help the fond smile that broke in his face as he watched his husband tend to his twins. He hesitated at first to have them under one roof, afraid that they might not get along and resent each other. It was a risk he was willing to take that time in order to be a better father to his children. He did not wish to alienate his children from his other half and vice versa, they are a part of his life, which will definitely stay. Hopefully for good. He was willing to make it work with Tee after all. For his kids. For Tee. And definitely for himself.

That Afternoon

Tae left around lunchtime and was able to finish his inspection in a minimal amount of time. He just had to make sure that everything was in order and that even if he will be at home, the business would still thrive. Since he finished early, he decided to visit the shops around the area and see if he could get something for his adorable husband.

He arrived at the public pool as the children’s lesson has finished. He was about to approach the poolside when he noticed Tee speaking animatedly with what appeared to be the lifeguard of the pool. Red flashed before his eyes and headed that direction.

“Thanapon!” a familiar voice bellowed his name.

___________________________________TBC