ix

Tae followed suit and gathered him again in his arms. He bestowed a kiss against the Tee's temple and held one of his hand with the one currently not wrapped around him. He then began his tale.

I was so heartbroken when you rejected me back then but it didn’t stop me from loving you still, even from afar. After graduating from high school, I went to the University to study about managing the family business and estates. I kept in touch with my friends, August and Park and we meet up every Friday at the bar to have a pint. Park continued his studies to become an engineer while August went through to study Economics

My life mostly revolved around studying and hanging out with them. I was unable to move on from you that’s why I kept away from those propositioning me. I’ve had a lot, from both genders but they don’t appeal to me the way you do. I haven’t had any relationships at all, I may have become a bit of a player if that’s what you would call it but yeah, I was. I never settled for anyone, almost everytime I go out, I have a different person on my arm.

One night during my second year, I was with August, Park and some of my colleagues from the University as well. We were joined by Pring, someone who always blatantly flirts with me, and she started flinging herself on me at every opportunity. I played along with her as all of us were having fun. All of us knew how bad she had it for me but I usually let her down in a gentle manner claiming her as a little sister.

That night, I was so pissed she manipulated me in taking her back to my flat in Bangkok and we ended up having sex. What I didn’t know was that she drunk something to help her become pregnant immediately before she showed up at the bar and pretended to be drunk so she could get what she wants. I found that out from her best friend, Seya.

She and her parents coerced me into marrying her and threatened that I would not be allowed to see my children if I will not agree to marry her. So I did, but with stipulations that she wasn’t happy with. I really made sure she knows I wasn’t happy with her but did my best in supporting her pregnancy. I know that she was lured with the idea of being a wife of a rich man and living off of the said person so I made sure that she will receive very little from me. I only provided what she needed and never an extra. We never slept in the same room. I never cheated on her when she was still alive, well maybe except to wanking in the memory of you.

When the twins were four, I just came home from a business trip in Milan and went straight to my room. I was shocked to find her there in bed with another man. They were in the height of their fucking when she saw me. I think she panicked and pulled on my drawers and was able to get hold of a pistol I was keeping there. She shot her lover before she shot herself in the head. I was so nauseated with what I saw that I failed to notice Plan beside me. He followed me into my room and saw everything.

I was then accused of killing her and her lover. It was all over the news and it just stopped getting out of hand with the help of August and Park. They loved me like a brother and supported me all the way. The only thing I did not regret during those tumultuous times is the twins. They mean the world to me back then and will always be. I was tried then and was found not guilty.

Her mother lost her grasp on reality due to her grief about her only daughter’s death. She could not accept that I have nothing to do with it. Her relatives supported me to my surprise, they claim that Pring was always spoilt back when she was just a kid and is used of getting what she wants. Her parents were blinded with their love for their only daughter to see the monster that she has become. The maids also testified that she would neglect the children when I am gone in favour of going out with her men. That was the reason I made sure that I would always be there for my children.