Chapter 80

After making a whole bunch of phone calls; pacing back and fourth in the hospitals corridors calling every number on my contact list that needed to be there for the letters, I walked back into the room to see anna crying once again with Ferns arm wrapped around her shoulders.
I walked over and sat next to anna.
"She just broke down we were talking about what she would dress Natalie in and she started crying I haven't been able to get a word out of her since" fern explained
"Hey anna what's up?" I said rubbing her back then realising it was a stupid thing to ask.
"I...never...even...got...to say...Gggoodbye" Anna said between bulbs of tears.
"Neither did I, none of us did, I think it was the way she wanted it. to leave without us persuading her to stay, because we would have all said how much we loved her and I don't think she wanted that weight on her shoulders" I said letting my thoughts tumble out of my mouth.
Anna began to calm down taking deep breaths.
"I'll go get you some water" fern said standing up and walking out of the room.
"I just broke down you know" Anna began as fern left
"I mean when she brought up outfits and what was her favourite, I didn't even know, I don't know her favourite colour, favourite film anything and it kills me I wasn't there for her all that time when she was going through hell" Anna said
"You were there for her in the end, you came back. You were with her in her last days even though you didn't know it and I know she loves you very much" I said
We sat in silence until fern arrived back handing Anna the cup of water. "Everyone is coming round later this afternoon and it would be great if you could be there too Anna" I said
"Yes of course" she nodded in response.
After finalising some things with fern I left as did Anna who said she would drop by in an hour.
--------------------------------------
The doorbell rang I stood up and walked over to the door from couch
"Hey man" James said his eyes bloodshot red, his face pale and his smile gone.
"Come in" I said opening the door wider.
"Does anyone else know" James asked "about... about"
I cut in knowing James couldn't say her name "no just Anna they all should be here soon" I said
People began to arrive in groups or one at a time, me and James faked smiles as everyone sat around the living room not knowing why they were here.
Finally Anna arrived "sorry I'm late" she explained her eyes also red and her body limp "it's ok come sit down" I said guiding her to the living room.

As I walked into the living room Leigh-Anne asked "where's Natalie?"
I gulped down and stood my friends who might as well be family looking at me with intrigued eyes. I took a deep breath and began.
"Last night Natalie took away her life, for manny reasons some of which we all knew others, we didn't. The reason I have called us all here is because she did leave something for each of us, some individual and some groups. She left us letters" I paused some looked shocked, some broke into tears Leigh-Anna huddled into Luke's chest. The boys looking confused not knowing if I was joking or not. "And the reason I wanted us all here at once" i stammered "is because me and Anna and I guess all of you now, want to know if there is any other reasons why" I finished wiping the tears rolling from my eyes.
"You're joking right?" Ashton said
"I wish I was" I replied sighing
Ashton bowed his head and placed his head in his hands.
Everyone looked round each other and eye contact became awkward.

I picked up the letters and began handing them out one by one.
Anna's, Leigh-Anne's, the 5sos boys, the vamps, Dean and Ellen's.
James pulled his out of his folded back pocket as did I.
"Shall we go round and open them?" Leigh-Anne managed out her bottom lip quivering.
"I'll start" I said
I read out my letter, tears grew in people eyes as I read each line and it killed me that this was all happening to my best friends and people I considered family.
"That's it" I said
"What?" Brad asked
"That's it the whole letter" I explained
"It can't be she hasn't really said anything" Ellen said
"That's all she wrote that's why I need to hear everyone's" I said folding the letter back up.
"I'll go next" Anna said
We all nodded as she opened the envelope.