Chapter 12

"It all started when me, my mum and dad lived in London together. I was really close with my mum and things were great, until one day my mum ran away. I was 7 and then..." She stopped and began to cry

"It's ok carry on" I said holding her hand tighter

"Ok...then my dad began to take drugs and go out late at night and not coming back for days on end. I was 11 when he overdosed for the first time, he was rushed to hospital and he was in intensive care. in the end he ended up being ok...

and the whole time I stayed at home, I starved, he didn't send anyone for me just left me. I was alone, then he came back from the hospital and things were ok he tried to be a dad to me again. then he got addicted to drugs for the second time. I was 15 when he became addicted again, he got worse than the first time, and then...he...he..."

she stopped for a bit and let the tears fall

We sat in silence for a few minutes then she began to talk again

"He began to sexually abuse me he used to tie me up when he was really drunk and high from the drugs and sexually abuse me and hit me, sometimes with his friends with him.

it was awful, I was so scared when he came in on a night that he would come in with friends and do it to me.

He got in debt with dealers and loan company's that we had to run away. I couldn't stay in London on my own, people were tracking us down and would kill me. so I went, and and I ended up here. I enrolled myself into collage and got as settled as I could, I was just going to get my A levels in collage and then leave but then...

Then I met you.."

She stopped and looked at me and then began to talk again

"Now I guess I'm here" she sniffed she had stopped crying but was now staring into space

How could he do that to her? How could a father hurt his daughter? how could he leave her when she was so young to fend for herself?

It angered me so much what he had done and what she has been through.

"Natalie" was all I could say

She turned to face me snapping out of her trance.

"It's ok, it's not your fault" she whispered

"I love you, I'm never going to let anyone hurt you" I said hugging her close as tears fell down her cheeks once again.

Her hair smelt of fresh apples, as I cuddled into her neck. I held her tightly. when we finally pulled apart.

"thats the first time you told me you loved me" she said

"oh yeah, i guess it is,but its true" I said to her.

"i love you too" she replied

"Natalie Grace Moore will you be my girlfriend?" I asked her

She looked confused, anxious and worried.

All of a sudden she stood up and ran out the room, I heard the front door slam and then silence.

What have I done...