Chapter 70: 9 hours left

3:00pm
We arrived home. The whole ride home was silent the awkward silence, the kind that you hate and just don't know what to say to fill in the journey.
I couldn't bring myself to cry, I looked over at Tristan who's hands were tight on the steering wheel, his eyes misted over with tears that he was holding back not letting them fall.
We arrived home. Tristan unlocked the door the jingle of keys echoed through the hall, something I have never notice happen in the building before.
We walked inside as Tristan threw the keys into the dish and kicked off his shoes walking straight into the bathroom. I threw my bag on the floor and kicked my shoes of and froze. All this was my fault. I walked to the bathroom door which was locked and the sound of running water wasn't enough to cover up the cries of Tristan.
I walked back into the hall before walking onto the balcony cold beneath my feet with only my socks.
Tristan was crying, because of me. He wouldn't have a child of his own, because of me. It was my entire fault everything.
I walked over to the edge of the balcony and rested my pale white hands loosely on the cold metal al lent over looking down at the solid hard concrete bellow.
I could jump; I could leave Tristan to find someone else, someone new someone better. I could get away from it all the memories, the nightmares of my dad, the scars, the horrors the loneliness when Tristan was gone. I could just go.
Thoughts raced through my head like London traffic; hard and fast.
I lent further over the balcony lifting my hands off the cool of the metal slowly "Natalie?" Tristan's voice came as I was beginning to tip, my feet leaving the floor.
I stood back on solid ground. "Yeh?" I responded walking away from the balcony indoors.
"I um ran you a bath" he said
"Thanks" I smiled.
I walked passed him and into the bathroom putting my fluffy towel beside the bath.
There was a knock on the door. I walked over and unlocked it fully dressed still.
"I made you a hot chocolate just the way you like it a dash of milk and whipped cream with marshmallows" Tristan said handing me the warm mug.
"Thank you" I said placing the mug on the surface next to the sink.
"We need to talk after your bath you know" he said after a short pause I replied "I know"
I smiled a little in the right corner of my mouth before Tristan pulled my into a tight warm embraced that filled my body with radiant heat and love, the comfort I needed.
"I love you" he said
"I love you" I replied before he pulled away
"I'll let you have your bath now" he said smiled and walked away.
It was a faint smile but enough to know he was ok.
I undressed and climbed into the bath and let the bubble and soap cover me whilst I sipped the warm hot chocolate that warmed me from head to toe.
The thoughts drifted from my mind as I let the steam of the room block pout my thoughts.
Things in my head were quiet for a little while, but nothing ever lasts.
omg this is a really short chapter but it has been over a week since I updated and I felt this needed to be posted asap. I will try adn update as much as I can but I have my mock exams soon and I need to, well Im being force to revise-.- Keep voting my loves