Chaper 9

I decided to run back to my room and pretend I didn't hear anything at all. I went in sat on my bed just as the door unlocked and she walked in
"Everything ok?" I asked
"Yeah fine my dad said I should just go back tomorrow and there were in no trouble at all" she said faking a smile.
Why was she lying to me? I didn't understand.
"Tris I'm tired" she said yawning
"Ok" I said climbing out the bed and walking towards the door
"Where are you going?" she asked
"my mums room I'll sleep in there" I said and walked out the door.
I climbed into my mums bed and warped the duvet around me and closed my eyes all I could think about was what had happened and why didn't she trust me enough to tell me the truth? just as my thoughts deepened I heard the door squeak open and a shadow of a body appeared. Natalie.
"Tris?" she whispered "are you awake" I decided to stay silent and see what happened.
She came over to the bed and climbed in between the sheets with me.
I had my back to her so I turned round an looked at her not realising she had her eyes open.
"You are awake!" she said
"shhh go to sleep it's been a long night" I said I wrapped my arms around her and she cuddled into my chest and fell asleep...

The next morning I woke up with a dead arm I looked over to see Natalie still laid on my arm huddled under the duvet, I looked over at the clock and it read 11:05am when I looked back over at Natalie she fluttered her eyelashes as she opened her eyes,looking round where she was.
"Morning beautiful" I said
"Morning tris" she said yawning
"Shall I make some breakfast?" I asked
"Yeah please, I'll get a shower" she said as we both climbed out of bed.

I realised I was just in my boxers so i threw on my joggers and a top and walked down the stairs into the kitchen. i decided to make pancakes.
I put out the knives and forks onto the table opposite, with a glass of fresh apple juice each. Along with sugar, lemon, golden syrup and strawberries.

I started putting all the things I needed into a bowl and began mixing them together. then I turned on the pan, put on the oil and poured in the mixture. I had made a few pancakes by now,
I began to flip the last pancake just as Natalie walked down the stairs.
"How are you chef evans" she said laughing
"Very well I am just making a range of pancakes to suit my guest of the day" I said in a funny accent. I put the pancake onto the plate in top of the others as we sat down. we tucked into our pancakes quickly and finished them in a flash.
"So what's the plan for today?" She asked
"Well we need to go to yours and grab some clothes for today and then we need to set off to foo fighters." I said
"Ok, well what time is it now?" she asked
"12:00 so were going to have to be quick were setting off at two" I said beginning to put the stuff away and the plaits and cutlery into the dish washer.

We walked back upstairs and Natalie gathered her things together as I went and got a shower and dress, also Styled my hair as I was Natalie shouted me
"Tris hurry up you have been in there forever!"
"This hair takes time it doesn't look this amazing by itself!" I shouted back.

Once I was finally ready we went down stairs I grabbed my phone, money, tickets for the concert and keys while Natalie had a bag with her black ripped dress and her bag from last night with her. she was still wearing my tshirt and joggers but she didn't have any other clothes it would be fine. we climbed into my parents car which I had been allowed to use for today as the concert.

We drove down to Natalie's house as she has me instructions the whole way she was biting her nails as raking her hands through her hair. she was scared I don't know why but the fact it was day light and I was ready for something to happened helped a little. we finally arrived at a block of apartments and we got out the car.
"Come on this way" she said I took hold of her hand noticing she was even more frightening
"It will be fine" I said she managed a weak smile.
The lift was out of order so we had to take the stairs we walked up and up until we were on the 6th floor if I counted right.
"We need to be quite he will be asleep, I will grab my stuff then we can go don't make a sound" she whispered then she unlocked the door.
The strong sent of beer hit me like a tidal wave we slowly walked in. it was a mess, lottery cards, empty beer bottles some smashed and empty pill packets scattered the floor.

Natalie took my hand and lead me through the hall which lead to the living room. there he was her dad. slumped out on the sofa asleep with a bottle of beer in his hand as the TV blared out the news.
"Stay here and keep guard" Natalie barley whispered
I stood as she ran into what I'm guessing was her room and got her things.
How could she live like this? this was awful. the conditions were disgusting and repulsive. why though? As I though she came walking out of her room with a rucksack and two bags stuff full of things.
"Got everything?" i asked
"Yeah now let's go we began walking the the tv stopped we turned round quick to see he was stood up with the tv remote in his hand
"So here you are you little prostitute!" he spat "this is who you have been with all night or has it been multiple men?" he ask grinning evilly
"No...those men came after me again and tristan took me back home to make sure I was ok and checked out my wounds" Natalie stuttered she was terrified I could feel her shaking next to me.
"I don't think your wounds were the only things Thomas was checking out!" he said walking over taking a swig of his beer
"I'm called tristan actually and urm last night your daughter could have died! do do you care?" I said deciding to speak up
"I don't give a fuck what your name is sunny boy! I couldn't care less if the little slut died, if she did they might have left me alone!" he spat in my face
"Dad leave him alone" Natalie cried
"Why you need him to pay you for last night you dirty bitch!" he shouted in her face
"Just fuck off to have never been a father to me all you do is drink and take drugs am I'm sick of having to pay these men off by earning money for you!" Natalie said crying her eyes out.

Then her dad smacked her round her face the hit impacted so much she fell to the floor.
"Don't you ever speak to me like that!" Her dad said
"Then I punched him straight In the face because of his drunkness he stumbled and fell onto the floor, by this time Natalie had managed to stand up.
"Come on quick" I shouted as we ran it the apartment and down the stairs, we could here him catching up to us as we ran. he was quick but we were faster we ran out the building and jumped into the car I immediately stepped in the gas and drove away at full speed.
What the hell just happened?!