"But not as fast as this ship." I hear Lando say, meaning that the Falcon was going to get him, and I instantly relax knowing Poe isn't going to his death. 

But as I hear that we got Finn and Jannah and everything is good for us to leave, I feel something horrible. It was the same feeling I felt when Leia passed, it was Rey. 

I sat down quietly in one of the extra seats, thinking back to everything that happened between Rey and me. Leia and I were her masters, and now I am the only one left. "Hey girly, why do you look so gloom, we just won!" Connix said next to me, a cloth wrapped around her leg, she must've been shot. "I am just worried about Rey, I haven't heard from her." She nods and leans her head on my shoulder. 

Just when we were going to blast into hyperspace, Poe talks into our comm link. "El, Finn, It's Luke's X-Wing. Rey made it!" He says and sure enough, when I run into the cockpit I see the old ship flying just to the right of us, by the Falcon and Poe's ship. 

As we jump into light speed, going back to base, happiness fills me up. We did it.

We won. 

----

Excitement seemed to be not a strong enough word to describe what was going on when we all got back to base. Everyone was cheering and jumping around, even the ones that were injured, somehow. Hugs were being thrown everywhere, even if you didn't really know the person you were hugging. The first person I see is Jess, who landed not too far away from my cruiser.

We run into each others arms and hug each other insanely tight, she bends down and picks me up throwing me over her shoulder. "Jessika put me down!" I yell out in laughter as she spins around and puts me back down. "WE WONNNN" she yells at an ungodly volume and I just continue to hug my best friend. "Connix got shot in the leg, but that's obviously not stopping her." I say, pointing to our friend who is hoping around on one leg. 

"Poe is going to kill me if I keep you from him any longer." Jess says and I turn around to see Poe staring at me with a bright smile. I run to him and throw myself into his arms, wrapping my legs around his torso as he laughed into my neck. "I love you so much Elise Kenobi." He said while we stood there, wrapped into each other's arms. "I love you more General Dameron." I say and he brings his lips to mine. 

He eventually put me down and we saw Finn walking towards us, Poe brought him into a big hug and I smiled at him, "Glad to see you're alive General." I say to Finn and he laughs and brings me into a hug. As we were talking together, Poe stops us and points in front of him, where a beat up Rey was standing. 

We ran to each other and I immediately brought us into a group hug, we had been through it all together in the past 10 hours, and we were all lucky enough to have each other by our sides at the end of it. We pull away and I grab Rey by the shoulders and look at her. 

"Okay say it with me, 1..2..3.., Fuck Palpatine!" I yell and she bursts into laughter, bringing me into a hug. I look around at everyone, taking in my surroundings, and people have started headed back to the common area to talk and sit or back to their rooms. But out of the corner of my eye I notice Doc, who was standing by the nurses, helping out those who had injuries. 

I waved at him and gave him a smile and he winked back at me. I look back to Poe, who just finished a conversation with D'Acy. I catch his eyes and he walks up to me, pressing another kiss to my lips. "Can I go talk to you in our room?" I ask him with a smile, letting him know everything is okay. 

He opens our door for me and I sit down on our bed, thinking back to the time on D'Qar when he took me to his room for the first time, back when we had our first kiss. When he sits down next to me I kiss him again, overcome with emotion because of our crazy year together. 

"You know if you wanted to have sex so badly you could've just said so." he said with a smirk as he pulled away and I lightly slapped his good arm. "Oh shush, I wanted to talk to you about what Doc told me before we went to Exegol. I didn't have time to tell you before we left." He instantly grew nervous, I could feel it. "Are you okay?" He asked with a worried expression. 

"I am not sick or anything of the sorts, don't worry. But he did tell me that I'm pregnant." I pause, and he doesn't say anything. "He told me that in order to get more information I need to go to his home on Yavin, there I can have all my options. I want to keep it and I know it's soon but I've always wanted kids and I love you a lot but if it's too much I under-" I say frantically, realizing I am more nervous than I thought I would be, but he cuts me off by kissing me. 

He puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me lightly but with passion and when I pull back I realize that he has a ginormous smile on his face and a tear going down his cheek. "There is no one else that I would ever want to be with and no one else I would ever want to be the mother of my child. This is the greatest news I've ever heard." He says and brings me into a hug. 

"I have so many questions." he says, a little overwhelmed, "I do too, the test he did wasn't super informative, just told us the basics. I am about 5 weeks along." He looks happier than I've ever seen him. "I'm going to be a dad and you're going to be a mom. I will be such a cool dad." he says and I laugh, it's true. 

"So I think we will need to go to Yavin IV soon, I know it might be difficult since you haven't gone back. But it's our only option." I say and he nods. "No, I need to see him, it'll be good. Plus we will have a place to stay. You should let your mom know when, she would like to go back. And plus it would probably be helpful to have someone who's gone through this." I just about cry at how thoughtful and amazing Poe is.

 I nod agreeing with him, we decide that we're going to call my mother after we sleep and rest after our insane day. As we lay down together I hear Poe whisper to himself, "I'm going to be a dad." I can hear the smile in his voice and tuck myself into his chest deeper, wondering how my life became so great.