Chapter 3

Carla
I sit in the interrogation room cold and in shock waiting for the officers to come back so I can just go home. I can't believe this bitch Kyrii, I always give her a pass because 1.we been friends since chips was 25 cent a bag and 2.She had a pretty rough life. We been through everything together and my mom ex boyfriend did try to fuck her and I know that was traumatizing. She coulda been different than her mother and that fat sloppy ass nigga had the nerve to make her life 10 times harder. Kyrii been killed him a couple years back and chopped his dick off so that brung her some closure and even though her life was fucked up it's still shocking how cold she could be. I mean I'm outta line for fuckin her job, but when she told me she was on Andre ass I was in too deep with him already I couldn't tell her then. I jus figured should would chill if I beat her to the job and she seen me, but I was wrong. The officer walked in with a lady cop this time I blew my breath through my mouth and stood up. "Listen I am ready to go I jus seen my babyfather get his head blown off and y'all muh fuckas wana keep coming in here asking me the same fuckin questions, if I'm not under arrest or something I would like to leave."
"Ms. Brooks I sincerely apologize. I know this must be extremely hard for you but we need as much detail as we can get if you want justice for your child's father." the officer said.
I sit down and start crying "I was just with him one minute and the next minute he was gone I can't I just can't." I bury my head in my arms and rest my head on the table in front of me. "Ms. Brooks.." the female officer says empathetically and touches my arm "I am so sorry but we jus need to know if you remember anything at all that could help." she continues.
I snatch my arm away and stare into her eyes. "I know whoever did this deserves death not jail!" I say and grab my bag. "Now if I may please." The male officer opens the door and walks me out. Before getting to the front door he hands me his card and says something I couldn't make out because my head is just booming at this point. I walk out and call my Uber. In 7 mins, a silver Honda pulls up. I get in and stare out the window the whole ride home. I get out the car and enter my house. I walk into my room which is still dimly lit from some candles I had burning since earlier "I really gotta stop fuckin doing that." I think to myself and blow them out. A thin line of smoke dances under my nose. I breathe in the stench and grab my towel to prepare for a shower "I need to wash this whole fuckin day off ughhh." My phone goes off I answer "Hey babe Wasup?" I say halfway delighted "I'm on my way there." he says "Okay, I'm gona hop in the shower see you in a bit." Me and Marley been fuckin eachother for about a year now. He's 11 months younger than Kyrii they're what we would call "project twins". This is yet another thing Kyrii can't find out and I hope she don't go running her mouth about me being pregnant by her "job" cus I really don't know if the baby is Marleys or Andres but since Andre is out the picture now it does kind of make things a lot less complicated so I guess I'm thankful for that. I chuckle as I turn on the shower water "I'm about to baptize the fuck outta myself"..