Chapter 2

Kyrii

"Bitch honestly that's not my fuckin problem you sneaking around fuckin this nigga son when you KNOW the situation! I told you i got the drop on this nigga and that was my job for the night you THOUGHT I would have mercy cus I seen you! let me remind you of something bitch this is how I eat! This is how I pay my fuckin bills and take care of my little brothers and most importantly this the reason your dumb ass got through college or did you forget I fronted your whole fuckin tuition" I said coldly. I knew Carla since we were 9 years old. She was at my house when I was 15 and my mom got dragged out by the cops. My mom got sentenced to 300 years and a day in jail for killing a family of 5, kids and all, during a robbery. Somebody ratted on her and it was a minor so we never got details on who it was, so for her to think for one second I would not do this job she has to be delusional.
"Kyrii you need to get off your high horse if it wasn't for my mother getting custody of y'all you wouldn't- " I cut her off "Bitch your mom got custody of us for 1 month and your raggedy ass step pop tried to fuck me and I left. I been making moves taking care of my home since then so don't bring your mother into this, and if you say 3 words about this to any fuckin body you and your baby will be 6 feet under just like that clown ass nigga on the stove". I brush past her and walk to the dining room closet and start stuffing my duffel bag with money. I found the hiding spot the other night when I melted melatonins in Charlie special night time tea I made for him. I zip my bag and walk back to the kitchen where I look and see Carla crying over this clown body "Call the cops and say 3 black men came in here shot him and you hid, tell them you didn't see no faces everyone had mask on, and Carla, my deepest condolences I never wanted the single mom life for you". I hear her sobbing on the phone with the police as I open the basement door and make my way back through the laundry room to my car. I'll never forget this night and as pissed as I am, I would never intentionally hurt my best friend but some things she should just stay in her lane with and fuckin my jobs is one of them. I could be like any other bitch and fuck on niggas to get my money but I never wanted that for myself. I would never lower my worth and spread eagle to any nigga cus he got a little money. I'd rather take it and if they gotta die in the process then so be it. Every job I took I made sure I at least had enough money to last for 6 months plus some money to stash away for my little brother Rayquan college tuition when the time came. I didn't wana go on robbing sprees every other day and make myself hot getting petty money. Every job I did was bigger than the last and the money was longer. Now the only thing on my mind is who the next job would be. The universe had a funny way of sending the jobs to me. My first ever job was one of Rayquan friends father. I tried to keep my line of work far away from my family ties nowadays. I pull up to my house and breathe in and out before removing my mask and grabbing my duffel bag. I'm not sure ima get any sleep tonight.