32 ► Bruise

It still rained in the afternoon when we exited the school. It dripped all over our faces, already streaming down our clothes and we were only down the street.

"Want to hang out?" he asked, his hand holding mine. It gave me the weird butterfly feeling inside of my stomach, though he always did. I nodded.

"Sure, at your place?"

He quickly shook his head. "My - my parents are home," he said softly.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked confusedly. I had never met them before, the last time we were at his place they weren't there.

"No, no," he said quickly. "They're just.. Awkward. Hey, would you like to do something with me this week? Like, a date?"

I found it a bit strange how quickly he changed the subject but decided to let go of it. I immediately nodded at his question, blushing lightly.

"Of course I want to, Michael. What do you want to do?"

He shrugged. "I was thinking about a film or going out for dinner but that's so cliché."

"They don't sound too bad though," I smiled. "Honestly, I wouldn't mind what we'd do as long as you are there."

He blushed at that. "You sappy fuck." We soon reached my house, both completely soaked by the rain. Our faces were wet and I groaned loudly, pulling off my jacket and kicking off my shoes. Michael did the same.

I took him upstairs to the bathroom and grabbed two towels, handing one to him. He immediately wiped off his face and I started with my hair. I looked at him through the mirror, still not able to take in how beautiful he was. I could look at him for the rest of my entire life and not get tired of him for one single second. It wasn't long before I saw the purple bruise on his cheek.

"Michael, what happened?" I asked worriedly. At first he looked confused but then faced the mirror to meet with the purple spot over his cheekbone.

"Fuck, I had hidden it with some make up," he mumbled. He quickly looked down onto the ground like he was escaping my gaze. "It's - it's nothing, I just fell over yesterday." I kept looking at him, not completely believing him. Unfortunately he noticed it. "Why are you looking like that?" he asked, a bit irritated. I quickly looked down again, putting my towel away.

"I'm just worried about you, Michael."

"There's nothing to be worried about," he snapped. "Don't treat me like a god damn child, Luke. I'm fine, okay?"

Ouch, that hurt. I bit on the inside of my cheek and slowly nodded, not wanting to ruin the mood any further. "I'm sorry. I just care about you."

It was silent for a few moments before I felt his hands on my shoulders. I looked up to him. "I know," he said softly. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick."

I shook my head. "It's okay," I said before grabbing his hand and leading us downstairs to the living room.

The tension had made us both quiet, though he still cuddled up to me on the couch. He was practically on my lap, our arms around each other's bodies as the TV played in the background but we both didn't pay a lot of attention. I kept wondering what was the matter with his bruise. Did someone give it to him?

I softly sighed to myself, causing him to turn his head at me. I brought my hand up to tenderly touch his cheek, not the side where the bruise was. He looked into my eyes, not failing to cause my blood to run faster within a second.

I didn't know who of us leaned in, though it had probably been both of us. It felt like there was this magnetic field between us which pulled us to each other, even though at some times we didn't want to. Though at this time it was perfect. The kiss didn't take long before it turned into a full make out session, me pulling him completely on my lap, his legs on either side of my waist. My hands ran through his hair and his squeezed my hips, slowly running up and down.

And at that moment, everything seemed perfect.