08 ► Asshole

When the alarm on my phone went off Monday morning, I wanted nothing rather than throw it out of my window and get back into bed. Shame there was such a thing like school. I didn't make effort to hold back my groan as I grabbed my phone and stood up with my entire blanket wrapped around my body. I got out of my room and walked down the stairs on my bare feet, but I didn't mind about that. I had always liked to walk on bare feet when I was around my house. It felt kind of liberating.

"Hi mum," I said on a sleepy tone, rubbing my eyes.

"Morning, dear!" she said, pulling on her jacket and getting ready to leave. "You look cosy," she smiled before hugging me and my blanket. I buried my face in her shoulder, hugging her back.

"See you tonight, mum." She gave me a kiss and a little wave before I heard the front door open and close again. I decided to make myself a cup of coffee while checking my Twitter. Two of the better things in life.

After about ten minutes my cup was empty and I put it in the sink, walking upstairs again to throw my blanket back on my bed. I shivered and quickly put a random oversized sweater over my head. I also put on some black skinny jeans but that was not an uncommon thing for me. Because I hadn't taken long changing I had left plenty of time to style my hair the way I wanted it to. The way my hair looked on a day had a big influence on my mood and I had the luck of it having turned into a great quiff as soon as I had finished styling it.

"Diva," my older brother, Jack, said yawning as he came into the bathroom still in his pyjamas.

"At least my hair looks great," I smirked back, glancing at his messy sleep hair. He laughed and shook his head as I patted his shoulder while walking out. Downstairs I brushed my teeth, pulled on my jacket and grabbed my bag before making my way to school with earphones in. Music made me feel less lonely.

I walked into the school with my chin up, feeling more than fabulous with my hair on point. (Also because I really didn't feel like walking into random dudes with red hair again.) It was quite busy in the hallways but I could see Calum standing in front of his locker from a distance. I walked over to him and yelled "Hey Cal," before someone put their foot right in my way, quick enough so I wasn't able to avoid it anymore. I tripped and almost fell right on my face but my lower arms could catch me just in time, but it still hurt like hell.

"Fuck," I gasped as I looked up to see the wide smirk of Ashton. Who else? I also saw Michael standing next to him looking at me, that's when my heart skipped a beat. I quickly stood up. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I asked Ashton on a threatening tone, even though it was probably just as scary as a stuffed unicorn.

"I could better ask you that, you little sh-" he growled and wanted to take a step towards me but was cut off by Calum who was suddenly standing between us and pushing us apart.

"Guys, stop fighting! Can't you just have some peace?" he asked. Ashton huffed in annoyance and I rolled my eyes. Not today, Calum. Not today.

"Not with that asshole," I spat. And before I knew it a new pair of arms came towards me and pushed me against the lockers with quite some force and pinned me against it. I moaned in pain and my eyes shut immediately, because my back was still quite sore from Saturday. When I opened my eyes again I swear I had an instant heart attack. It was Michael.

"Don't you dare to ever call Ashton that again," he threatened, looking me directly in the eyes. I had to keep myself from squealing because holy shit, Michael was pinning me against the lockers. I could get used to that.

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked cheekily, grinning at him and licking my lips. He was distracted for a moment and I was very lucky the bell rang at that moment so I could escape from his grip and disappear in the crowd before he could even do anything.

I had no idea where that outburst of confidence had come from but I couldn't stop smirking to myself for a while that day. Oh, how I loved good hair days.