01 ► Red hair

It wasn't exactly love at first sight, to be honest. It's a bit oblivious to let someone take over your life within the littlest amount of time. It takes a while to get to know someone, to learn about their personality, the way they talk about the things they're passionate about, their bad and their good habits. The little things which make them different from the rest.

I had never been the guy to get crushes on completely random people who I hadn't even talked to before easily, but when I moved to London to go to high school there was this one guy who managed to gain my attention from the very beginning. I found him interesting to look at and I couldn't even explain myself why. My eyes just kept searching for him during lunch break like there was some kind of magnetic field towards him, me having no control to stop it. I couldn't hold myself back from looking at him constantly whenever he was around, the way he ate, the way he talked and laughed about unknown subjects with his friends. Every time my heart would make these tiny little jumps whenever he was somewhere near me, my heart longing for the feeling of him being close to me, to hold him against my chest. For touching his hair because it looked softer than the feathers of an angel's wing. I kept staring at him from the corner of the cafeteria because there was no one who would notice that I was staring at him anyway. At least, almost no one.

"So I asked her if I could come over, but she said she was busy. She didn't even tell me with what, don't you think that's strange? Luke? Luke, what are you staring at, man?" Calum, my only friend since I came here, asked me. He was getting slightly irritated after the countless times I had zoned out while he was telling me about how he suspected his girlfriend from cheating with another guy. "Were you even listening?" he sighed, taking a sip from his coke bottle.

"Yeah, sorry," I quickly said, rubbing my eyes. "It is strange she does that. Did you ask her why?" I asked so that he wouldn't notice my lack of interest in his love life.

As Calum started rambling again, my eyes found their way back to the red haired guy on the other side of the hall who was currently close to falling off his chair laughing, gripping his stomach and filling the area with his beautiful contagious laugh among the sound of his large group of friends.

The first time I had ever noticed him was after school. I had only been there for a few days and went into the library to read a bit. It had been really stressful for me to be among such an amount of strangers. It always made me uncomfortable and gave me the feeling someone was constantly staring at me. Approximately an hour later I was just about to go home, walking down the hallway towards the exit, until I heard his voice from behind a door.

I curiously peeked through the glass and saw him crossed-legged on a table with an acoustic guitar on his lap, alone in the music classroom. There was no one else around so I kept standing there, listening because I didn't think I had ever heard such a beautiful voice in my life. Soft as a feather but it still had some raspy edges here and there which sent shivers down my spine which crept into my bones. He played different kinds of songs, from calm and sad to energetic and happy and I adored everything he played. I was dreaming away so far that I almost didn't notice when he stopped.

I was almost too late to duck away when his head turned into my direction. Even though there was no eye contact and he probably hadn't seen me, I felt my cheeks heat up and I quickly walked down the hallway, disappearing as quickly as I could. I had been too nervous to talk to him ever since. Me being a quiet kid in the back of the class, him being the punk kid with the perfect smile and amazing talents who everyone liked. I would never stand a chance with him.