07 ► Bad luck

I was woken up by a ray of sunshine falling directly over my eyes. I wanted to go back to sleep but somehow opened my eyes anyway, because hey, that didn't feel like my bed at all. At first I could feel nothing more than the sun burning into my head, so I quickly shut my eyes again and I turned down my head so my forehead was against my carpeted floor.

... Floor? I quickly sat up, rubbing my eyes before looking around. I apparently had slept on the floor in the middle of my room, and even had my working uniform from yesterday still on.

"What the fuck," I mumbled to myself and I stood up, trying to remember how I ended up like this. All I knew was that I had been very tired when I had gotten home the night before. Had I fainted? The intense pain at the left side of my head proved that I probably had and hit my head against the floor quite hard. I still had the ache on my back for Ashton pressing it so hard against the wall the day before.

I really didn't want to go to school tomorrow, only the thought of it alone made me sick to my stomach. Both Michael and Ashton hated the shit out of me. And what would Ashton even do? He had definitely looked like he meant it when he said I "wouldn't get away with this". It would probably be nothing that's worth looking out to.

Suddenly I felt my phone vibrating that was still in my pocket. Who the hell could that be? I just woke up, give a man his rest. Above all it was Sunday. I grabbed it anyway, seeing it was Calum.

"What's up, Cal?" I asked on a sleepy tone.

"Man, you sound like you've just woken up," he said, as if he could read my mind through the phone connection.

"If you had called two minutes ago you would have woken me up, so yeah," I replied, answering his question.

"Are you serious?" I heard him laughing. "Have you even looked at the clock? It's one in the afternoon."

"Just had a very busy day at work yesterday," I answered, looking over at my clock which proved he was right.

"It must have been really busy then," he said, still chuckling a bit. "Hey, do you feel like coming over? We could just hang at my place, doing nothing active or anything," he asked, knowing my strong preference for not doing anything better than anyone.

"Okay mate," I said. I always liked hanging out with my best friend, he was the only person who actually knew me. Also I usually didn't have a lot to do at Sundays except for maybe some homework. "Let me just wake up and put on some decent clothes. I'll be over in a few."

"See you!"

I pushed the red button on my phone before stretching my back and yawning the sleep out of me, and took my working uniform off. I went to take a refreshing shower to wash off the smell of coffee that still lingered over me. It was nice and warm since I had gotten quite cold from sleeping on the floor without a blanket all night. I decided to let my hair down and just quickly brushed and dried it, not feeling like styling it up today.

"Hi guys," I said as I came downstairs to my two brothers who were gaming against each other on the play station and our mum who watched their game amusedly. My mum said "good morning Luke!" back, but from my brothers I only earned quick "hey", eyes not leaving the screen. I softly laughed to myself. Nerds. I had a quick cereal-breakfast at the kitchen table before brushing my teeth and putting on my shoes.

"I'm going over to Calum's today," I yelled from the hall.

"Have fun!" mum said before I put my jacket on and left the house. It was cloudy, and still cold as well. I shivered and pulled up the zipper of my jacket completely, before putting my hands in my pockets. I was lucky Calum only lived a few blocks away.

He happily greeted me when I stood at his front door and immediately hugged me, being his cheery self. I chuckled and quickly hugged him back.

"Hi Luke!" he said before letting me go and walking back into the house, me behind him. "You don't seem quite awake yet, man. Are you okay?" he asked, remembering Friday night very well when he walked home a crying heartbroken mess which was me.

"Kind of. Yesterday was really shit," I sighed and followed him into his room.

"Did something happen?" he asked and sank down onto his bed. I sat next to him, really not wanting to think about what had happened the day before.

"When I had a short break from work I wanted to go outside for a bit. But there was a guy - I don't even know who - who walked right into me. But I had a cup of coffee, and guess what? I spilled it all over the back over Ashton fucking Irwin," I said, cupping my face in my hands and resting my elbows on my knees. "Out of all people."

"You're lucky it wasn't Michael this time," he mumbled, repeating my thoughts of when it actually happened. Though it was quite a rude comment.

"Do you want me to punch you?"

"I'm sorry man. But what did he do?"

"He got pissed as hell. Smashed me against the wall, told me I wouldn't get away with it and just left. I don't even know what he meant with that."

"You're not bad luck Brian, you're bad luck Luke."

I groaned. "It's not my fault that some random guy walks into me like that."

"I know," he sighed.

"Hey, what's up with you and Alice lately?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Great!" he exclaimed happily. "do you remember the guy I spotted her hugging with twice? He appeared to be her cousin, I'm so stupid," he laughed, face palming himself while talking on how good his relationship was. I was so happy for him, I could see his eyes sparkle when he talked about her. If only someone would talk about me that way.

-

QOTD: IS IT MOOK OR MEWK (everyone says it differently and i'm so frustrated)