him

a black car pulled up next to lynn and a tall man with blue slicked back hair and green eyes stepped out.

he eyed her up and down, his lip curling at the sight of the jumpsuit. "why are you still in that garbage? come on, i'll buy you a hot new outfit."

lynn smiled as he took her hand and led her inside an expensive designer clothing store.

"pick out anything you want, i'll be waiting outside. here's my credit card, it has no limit."

lynn jumped up and down excitedly as she took his card. as soon as he left she ran through the store, picking out all the items that suited her. she then changed into them and quickly paid, meeting eric back outside.

she had chosen fishnet leggings, short blue shorts, a crop top and three rings. she had decided to keep her shoes though, she couldn't bear to be without her high heeled boots.

eric looked her up and down, smirking. "you look stunning, my darling."

lynn shyly smiled, feeling strangely uncomfortable under his gaze. "um, so do you want to get coffee and catch up?"

eric grabbed her wrist harshly, bringing her close to him. "i'm taking you back to my place."

lynn tried to step back but his grip was too strong. "let go of me! why are you being so strange?"

eric cocked his eyebrow, seemingly oblivious to his hostile actions. "the cars just down the street. let's go."

"i don't want to go to your place. i told you, eric, i have a girlfriend. i might be a bit crazy but i'm not going to cheat on her. i love her and she loves me. i just came to catch up with you and say hi. if you keep acting this way i'm going to leave."

eric let go of her wrist quickly, holding his hands up. "now, my pretty, don't be so uptight. i was only playing around. let's go get coffee, on me."

lynn smiled. "okay. that sounds nice."

꧁꧂

mae paced the kitchen, ignoring eddie who was only trying to help.

"mae, i'm sure we can find eleven. she said she wasn't going too far. i bet you she'll be back within a day. relax, lynn will be fine." eddie said, offering her some strawberry milk.

mae turned it down, instead picking up her phone and calling zale again.

"hi, mae."

"hi, when did you say lynn left again?" mae asked, tapping her fingers against the counter.

"just a few hours ago. do you think she'll be okay?"

mae sighed in frustration. "of course not, zale! you shouldn't have let her go. she can't see all the red flags eric gives! he won't be good to her. he'll manipulate her."

eddie cut in. "i found elliot before when the lab asked me to, maybe i can try and find lynn? i don't know, it's been a while and i only did it once."

mae dropped the phone, her lips stretching into a relieved smile. "well, fuck eddie! why didn't you say so in the first place?"

"hey, i'm the only one allowed to fuck eddie!" richie yelled from the couch, earning laughter from the smaller boy.

mae turned to eddie again. "you really think you can find lynn?"

eddie nodded. "i can even interact with her and talk to her. just tell me what to say."

eddie laid down on the floor, elliot, mike, richie and mae surrounding him.

"why did you take a sleeping pill?" mike asked, concerned for his friend.

"at the lab they gave me a shot to fall asleep so i could find elliot. i'm pretty sure that the sleeping pills will work the same way."

richie took eddies hand, squeezing it tightly. "can you get hurt in there?"

"i don't know. i don't think so." eddie whispered as the drowsiness started to take effect.

"we'll be here with you the whole time." elliot said.

mae spoke up. "tell lynn that eric doesn't love her and he just wants to use her gifts for his advantage. he's unpredictable and dangerous. also tell her that i love her. that i need her to come back. for me."

eddie nodded, drifting off to sleep.

eddie woke up in a coffee shop. it was very busy, which was good. lynn couldn't get hurt if there were lots of witnesses around.

he stood up, trying not to draw attention to himself and sat down at the nearest table. he quickly spotted lynn at a booth with a man with blue hair.

luckily, he was close enough that he could hear what they were saying.

"-about your girlfriend." the man said, grinding his teeth as if to hold back a comment.

lynn smiled, her eyes brightening. "her name is mae and she's just the sweetest. she freed me from the lab. sometimes she can be a prick but that's alright. i love her for it."

eric nodded, stirring his coffee carefully. "so you love her more than me."

lynn averted her gaze. "well, eric. you promised that you would set me free. but you never did. i waited so long for you but you didn't come back. she was always kind to me. she never hurt me."

eric slammed his fist on the table, making lynn jump. "i already apologized for having to hurt you! how many fucking times will i have to say it? i was under their control. i didn't want to hurt you. now will you get off my fucking back about it? god dammit."

lynn eyed him with fear, biting her lip uncertainly. "um-maybe it was a bad idea to see you."

eric's eyes flared. "how dare you say that? after i sacrificed so much for you? i got fired trying to help you! and now i can't even get fifteen minutes of your time?"

he grabbed her arm, pulling her forward. "forget about your girlfriend. you were born to rule with me. we can use your talents to become even more powerful than i already am!"

lynn snatched her arm back, glaring at him. "don't be daft. you got fired because you forgot to lock up the power room, allowing a prisoner to escape. you didn't sacrifice shit for me."

eric's jaw clenched and he slammed his coffee cup on the ground, causing it to shatter.

everyone stopped talking and stared at him.

he quickly noticed the plethora of attention given to him and he awkwardly laughed. "whoops! i'm sure clumsy. sorry about this. i'll pay for it."

he placed a $100 on the table and grabbed lynn's hand, pulling her out of the shop.

eddie quickly got up and followed.

"eric, you're more unstable than i remember you being. maybe you should get some rest and i'll visit you some other time." lynn said, her voice wavering.

eric shook his head and withdrew a bracelet from his pocket, snapping it on lynn's wrist. "i'm fine, dorothy. now we're going back to my apartment. there you can meet the team. i'm sure you'll dazzle them with your looks. especially with that outfit."

lynn pushed him away. "don't call me dorothy. and i said i'm not going to your fucking place. i have a girlfriend. i'm no cheater. so fuck off eric, respect my wishes. and what the fuck is this bracelet?"

eric laughed. "it contains your powers, dorothy."

lynn's eyes widened as she attempted to create a storm.

nothing happened.

"now, you're coming with me to my place. it's not a request."