reality

Eddie sat in the back of the classroom trying to force his brain to remember. Hadn't he been here before? The teacher seemed to think so. Richie did too. Eddies eyes wandered from the board to the tall skinny boy that sat up front.

Richie Tozier as the teacher called him.
Richie Tozier. Tozier Richie. Richie Eddie. Tozier Eddie. Eddie Tozier. Eddie blushed as he thought of their names. He liked Richies last name a whole lot but he didnt like his own.

When he thought of the name 'Kaspbrak' he saw things. When the teacher called for Eddie Kaspbrak in first period, Eddies eyes glazed over as a memory came hurtling at him.

A small curly haired boy knocked at the door with a grin on his face. "Kaspbrak, are you in there?"

He felt himself open the door and smile in return at the boy. "Stanley! How was summer camp?" He ushered the boy in and called to his overweight mother that they would be upstairs.

"Keep the door open 3 inches, eddie!" She yelled while sloppily painting her fingernails.

Eddie rolled his eyes and tugged the curly haired boy up the steps and into his room. "Tell me all about Camp Know where!"

Stanley grinned and sat down on the bed next to eddie. "Well, I met this boy named Bill.."

Eddie grinned, "and? Was it true love?"

Stanley blushed. "We exchanged numbers."

Eddie leaned forward. "And..?"

"We kissed."

Eddie screamed in excitement and clapped his hands warning a harsh "quiet down!" from Sonia.

"I'm so happy for you, Stan! Does he live nearby?"

Stanley nodded. "He lives down the corner from me and I actually went over to his house twice already and met his family! He has an adorable little brother named Georgie!"

Eddie brought Stan in for a quick hug. "So are you boyfriends yet?"

Stanley frowned and looked down. "He hasn't asked me yet."

Eddie groaned. "But you guys fucking kissed! How are you not automatically dating after that?"

Stan shrugged.

Eddie pushed his friend off the bed. "Go ask him right now you moron! He obviously likes you! Come on Stan, you've been single too long!"

Stan giggled as the smaller boy teased him. "Come on Kaspbrak, not fair!"

"Eddie." A voice whispered from the seat next to him. The small boy blinked as he was brought back to reality.

"No Kaspbrak today?" The teacher asked.

"I'm here." Eddie said, smiling faintly at the memory of Stanley.

"Okay. Is Betty Ripsom here?" The teacher moved on.

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows, thinking back to the memory of his friend. Stanley. Stan. Where was Stanley? If Eddie went to this school before he lost his memories, wouldn't Stanley be here too? And the boy Stan liked? Bill. They'd be here, right?

After fourth period, Eddie walked to his locker and grabbed the lunch that was in there the day before. He hoped it wasn't empty as the small boy hadn't had any breakfast this morning. He also didn't get any sleep. He was too afraid to sleep on a bench in the park because there has to be at least ten thousand germs there.