love

richie flipped the pancake onto a plate, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

he was numb.

after eddie ran away, after stan yelled at him, he didn't know what to do. so he went to beverly and told her everything. they were always very close. she comforted him and made him feel a little better. she offered for him to stay the night because her dad wouldn't be back until late tomorrow night, but richie had to be home. his parents didn't like him, but they also didn't like when they didn't know where he was.

richie handed the plate and beer to his dad who was staring at the television dully. "here you go dad."

wentworth took them and placed the plate on the table next to him, cracking open the beer first. "richard.." he said between clenched teeth as he glanced at the pancake.

richie trembled slightly. "y-yes?"

"you didn't get me any bacon."

richie glanced at the plate and indeed, he forgot to make the bacon. "oh, i-um i'm sorry, i can go make it right now-"

as richie turned to leave, wentworth grabbed his wrist, glaring at him. "i haven't seen you in a while and right when i get back, you're forgetting things and running off with some fairy?"

richies eyes widened. "what?"

"sonia informed me that you've been very intimate with her son, who happens to be unholy."

richie gulped. "i-i don't know what you mean."

wentworth stood up, towering over the lanky boy. "don't lie to me, son."

"i'm not."

"are you gay, richard?"

richie shook his head, trying unsuccessfully to get out of his fathers grip.

wentworth's face filled with anger. "why are you lying to me, you little shit?!"

"i'm not! i swear! eddies just a friend!" richie lied, his voice shaking.

wentworth raised the beer bottle over his sons head, preparing to smash it right when the doorbell rang.

they both froze.

wentworth lowered the bottle. "go answer the door, make it quick."

richie nodded and rushed over to the door, wiping his eyes before he opened it.

and when he opened the door, he was surprised.

eddies stood behind the door with a cop next to him. richies eyes widened. did eddie get in some kind of trouble? was that one of the people from the lab? why was he at his doorstep if that was the case? and wentworth was in the living room, within earshot of the door. luckily, he wasn't able to see the door from there. but richie knew that if his father saw eddie he would be pissed.

richie put his finger to his mouth as eddie opened his mouth. he closed the door, stepping outside.

"what's going on? are you in danger?" richie whispered, looking around carefully.

eddie pointed to the cop. "this is hopper, he's elevens dad. he's going to help us save her. also, i'm sorry richie. for running away. i was just scared. and thank you for not turning on me."

richie faintly smiled. "it's okay, eds. i would never turn on you, but right now, you can't be here."

eddie frowned. "why? what's wrong?"

"my dad is home. he's pissed."

"at you?"

richie sighed. "yes, and you."