regenerate

eddie woke up wrapped in richies arms. the smell of cigarette and cologne filled the air and he smiled warmly. he was finally home. finally safe.

richie stirred next to him, opening his eyes slowly and smiling at the sight of the small boy. "hey, cutie."

eddie was still half asleep so he didn't register what the other boy had called him. "mornin' rich."

richie stretched and attempted to get out but eddie grabbed onto his arms. "nooo," he whispered, pulling the taller boy closer. "i don't want you to go."

richie was fully awake now. "really?"

eddie nodded and moved closer to him until their noses almost touched. "i don't want to close my eyes and be there again. alone."

richies face softened. "eds, shit. i'm so sorry i couldn't protect you. i told stanley not to bring you to the hospital because i knew there were people out to get you. and every day that we were separated, i was trying so hard to get back to you," his voice cracked as he struggled not to cry. "i couldn't bear the thought of you alone and afraid. all i wanted to do was protect you."

eddie sadly smiled, looking deep into richies tear filled eyes. "i know. but you're the reason i survived it, the reason i got out. every day i was there, when they would hurt me," richies face tensed at this phrase. "when they would threaten el to get me to help them. i thought of you. of your face. because i'm stronger with you, chee. that's why i was able to throw patrick when we first met. because you make me brave."

richie smiled and looked at eddies lips, resisting the urge to kiss him. "you know, eds. you're braver than you think. you don't need me to be strong. because you're already so strong. in fact, i think it's you who makes me stronger. i feel happier when i'm with you, love."

eddie grinned. "what did you call me?"

richies heart skipped a beat as he realized what he said. he blushed as he tried to fix his mistake. "um, it just slipped out. i'd been so used to calling your mom my love that i-"

eddie playfully slapped him. "beep beep, richie."

richie gazed into his eyes. adoring the way they crinkled around the sides. adoring the way his hair glowed in the morning sun. "what's that mean, eds?"

eddie shrugged. "i guess it's just a fun way to tell you to shut the fuck up."

richie laughed. "you wound me, eds."

"don't call me that, you ass."

richie only chuckled and jumped out of bed, ignoring eddies protests. "it's time to get up, love! we have plans, you and i. first we're going to the coffee shop to get started then-"

eddie sat up, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "can't we just lay in bed all day?"

richie pulled him out of bed, his breath hitching their hands touched. "we can do that tomorrow."

eddie softly smiled, making richies heart soar.

"but today! we rejoice your return eds!" richie said in a british accent. "we're going to spend the whole day together and i won't ever leave you again. trust me, spaghetti, by the end of this week you'll be begging to get rid of me. i promise i won't ever let them get you. i promise."

eddie grinned, loving how happy his richie was. "okay, chee. let's spend the day together."

~at the coffee shop~
"so what do you want eds? a mocha? a regular? a-"

eddie shook his head and glanced up at the waitress. "i'll have a water please."

richie looked mortified. "a water? but eds we were supposed to get coffee."

the tall boy looked so glum that eddie immediately changed his mind.

he looked up at the waitress again. "you know, i think i'll take a mocha."

she smiled and walked away with their orders.

eddie turned to richie and grabbed his hand from across the table. "why were you so upset, rich?"

richie blushed, shifting uncomfortably while staring at their interlocked hands. "i-i um, i just wanted today to be perfect that's all. you've spent so long in that fucking horrible place. i just wanted the first day back to be amazing."

eddie smiled. "that's so sweet, richie. but my day will always be perfect with you in it."

richie blushed again.

eddie and richie went to the quarry last. after the coffee shop they had gone shopping for clothes since eddie didn't have much. and then richie took him to see a movie. then richie knew he wanted to take eddie here.

"it's weird not being here with all the losers." eddie said, staring at the water below.

richie took his hand. "today is just for us. now, are you ready to jump or are you a pussy?"

eddie smiled. "i don't know about you, but i'm no pussy."

"on the count of three, one, two..." richie glanced at their hands intertwined, feeling a wave of confidence wash over him.

"three."

the whole time both of them were at the quarry, henry bowers was watching them.

belch had been mia for a while. henry figured that he had gone soft. but patrick. he went missing completely. this fucked henry up. he and patrick had been close. a little too close. that's why this affected henry so much.

henry didn't know why patrick had gone missing, or if he was still even alive. but he suspected someone.

edward fucking kaspbrak.

he threw patrick with unnatural strength that night in the woods. it must've been him that did something to patrick. maybe he had a vengeance for him because of what patrick did to his boyfriend.

but henry knew one thing.

he was not going to let eddie get away with it.

he would get his revenge.