blush

Eddie stood by Richies front door, anxiety and nervousness overwhelming him. He didn't have a place to go like Richie did. He didn't even remember if he ever had a place to go. He assumed he did, after all, he had some vague memories of a mother. They weren't comforting memories though. None of them were. Eddie almost didn't want to remember his life. He assumed it was nothing but bad for him to end up in the woods with a black eye.

"Eds?"

Eddie blinked, Richies voice clearing away all his thoughts. "Hm?"

Richie frowned. "What's wrong, Eddie? On our way here it looked as if you had something to tell me."

Eddie glanced at his feet, not wanting to appear weak in front of his new friend. "Nothing's wrong, I'm just tired."

Richie stepped closer and Eddie blushed as their hands brushed together. Richie gazed into his eyes, trying to figure out the mysterious boy who saved him from Bowers. After a few moments, Richie decided that Eddie was in fact hiding something but he didn't want to push him. "Alrightie, Eddie Spaghetti, I will see you tomorrow then!" He said in his Scottish accent.
Eddie smiled and reluctantly stepped away from Richie.

"Wait, Eds," Richie reached out and grabbed his hand. Eddie face became pink. "Come back here at 6:45? If you want to walk to school together. You do go to Derry High School right? You'll remember where I live right? Don't be late because I'm not a very patient person. Sound good, Edwuardo?"

Eddie smiled again and nodded, unsure of the feeling that grew in his throat.

Richie let go of his hand and walked up the steps to the porch. "Until tomorrow, handsome prince." Richie bowed then stepped inside.

Eddie walked away from the house with a blush on his cheeks. He had never met someone as nice and charming as Richie. To be fair though, he hadn't met a lot of people. But Eddie was certain that most people weren't like Richie. He knew this because of his encounter with the bullies in the woods and the memory of his mother. No one was as special as Richie was.

Eddie knocked on the door, worry growing in his chest.

What if he remembered the house wrong and this wasn't Richies house? When Eddie was here before it was dark so maybe this wasn't the right house. What if a random person opened the door? What if the door opened and the woman from his memories was there?

Eddie began to panic, his throat closing up. His eyes widened. What was happening? This had never happened before? Was he dying? Was he going to die right here on a random persons doorstep?

Eddie dropped to his knees, his hands around his throat as he breathed in forced gasps.

The door opened and Richies face popped out with a huge smile on it. The smile was immediately gone when he saw Eddie on the ground struggling to breathe.

"Eddie! Oh shit! What's wrong? Eds?" Richie kneeled next to his friend, his face full of concern. "Eddie? Are you having an asthma attack? Eds? Eddie fucking answer me!"

Eddie began to see black dots. I'm going to die, he thought miserably. I'm going to die in Richies arms. He stopped forcing himself to breathe as a shadow of a smile tugged at his lips. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad.

Richie dug through Eddie's fanny pack desperately until his hand grabbed an aspirator. He gently triggered it in Eddies mouth, smiling in relief as Eddies eyes opened again. "Oh my fuck, Eddie don't you dare do that again."

Air filled Eddies lungs and he coughed. "Oh, hi Richie."

Richie laughed as he helped Eddie up. "Oh hello, Eddie, didn't see you there, fine chap."

The smaller boy grinned at Richies British accent. "Thank you for saving me."

He smiled. "I owed you one."

Richie took Eddies hand and led him off the porch. "Well, time to go to hell! AKA school!"

Apparently Eddie was registered at Derry High School under the name 'Eddie Kaspbrak.'
Eddie told the secretary that he forgot his schedule and she handed him an extra. He was lucky that it was only the fourth day of school so nobody was too suspicious.

"Eds! We have the first four classes of the day together!" Richie squealed with excitement. "And your locker is right next to mine! This is fucking awesome!"

Eddie smiled as he tried his combination in his locker, surprised when it worked on the first try. Eddie was even more surprised when he saw all of his books and his book bag in his locker. There was even a lunch box in the locker!

"Did you forget to bring your stuff home yesterday?" Richie asked as he peered into the smaller boys locker. "Hey what are these? Birth control pills?"

Eddie glanced at the top section of his locker where a box of pills sat. He felt the need to reply with a snarky comment to Richie for some reason.

Eddie furrowed his eyebrows and shook away the feeling. "I don't know." He responded making Richie drop the issue.

"Okay, let's get to class then. We don't want to be late, you know how Mr. Ferry is."