Gravity

14

Gravity

Izuku opened the door to his room with a positive swing. "I'm home, mom!" He had a natural joy. It didn't seem completely hopeless with Kyouka anymore.

"I-Izuku!" His mother scurried from the kitchen to him, in the hallway. Her eyes were more cringy than Izuku's. "Y-You have a visitor!"

"Eh?" Izuku waited for his mom to relax. "Do you know who it is?"

She shook her head. "She said she was a friend!" His mom couldn't believe it.

"A female friend?" He walked to the kitchen and living room. "Uraraka." He didn't know how to feel seeing her sitting on the couch. He fingers were tapping the lap of her skirt, nervously.

"H-Hey Deku!" She abruptly stood, making eye contact with him. She pressed the pads of her fingertip together, anxiously. "I just came by to, um, you know." Staring at the floor.

Izuku almost skidded back on one shoe. His eyelids fell. "Y-Yeah, for school right? We can work on it in my room." He mumbled a little unsure and dejected. Why was Uraraka here of all times? 'I still have things to work out...'

She nodded, following him. He opened his door, then completely shut it with wide eyes. He attempted to cover it with his arms. 'I forgot about all the All-Might stuff!'

"Hm, Deku, what's wrong?"

"Eh, n-nothing, it's just..." He sighed in defeat, opening the door.

"Deku, you really are a fanboy!" She awed, stepping inside.

He simply nodded with flat eyes. He motioned with his hand for her to sit. She nodded, sitting on the bed. He accompanied her, taking a seat next to her.

"So about what happened at the mall." She started, locks of her hair were dangling in front of her face.

He gulped. "Yeah. I, maybe, if we were more open about it, things would be different."

Her eyes shifted from the carpet to his lap. "Different?"

"Eh? Um, I mean, you know, we wouldn't have..." His lips held a crooked frown. "Done that."

"I don't think that would change things."

"Huh?"

"I... I still like you Deku!" Her face snapped to him. He flinched at her composure. She was determined.

His throat audibly gulped. "Uraraka? But Kyouka is still important to me."

"I know that." She leaned closer to him, gripping her fists over her skirt. "But don't you like me? Even a little?" Her last note pitched unevenly.

Izuku backed up. "It's not that. I did, I do, but I'm with Kyouka-..." He flashed back to the walk home in the rain. His eyes dampened. "I mean, we're not right now, but..."

Uraraka placed her hand on his lap, scooting closer. "If you do like me, then we can still try, r-right Deku?" Her fingers gripped the fabric of his pants.

"Uraraka." Izuku had his eyes shut. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "I want to try and salvage what I have with Kyouka..." He whispered, his head was shifted away from her, not able to meet her eyes.

Uraraka's grip on his pants gave way. "So you're asking me to wait as a replacement?" Her thumb and index finger were the only pieces of her holding onto him. "If things don't work out, you'll just look for me, right?"

Izuku grew orbs. "No. It's not like-"

"It is!" She barked with a strained droplet. Her voice died down. "When I kissed you, I felt something... like you were okay with settling... Is that all I really am to you?"

Izuku's eyes winced from a blurry sting. His throat had a clog he couldn't swallow down. "No... of course not, Uraraka." His arms went around her shoulders, hugging her. "I do have feelings for you... I'm just scared." 'What if I do belong with Uraraka, but Kyouka is also...! I don't want to mess up things even more.'

Uraraka gasped against his shirt. Her eyes grew, stopping the drops damping his clothes. "Deku..."

He shut his eyes, squeezing her closer. "Sorry!"

"Deku."

His eyes opened, staring down at her. She was facing up at him, her cheeks were a pink shade and her eyes had a liquid shine. Her arms freed from his grip that grew tender. She pushed down on his shoulder, leaning him back on the wall.

"Deku-kun." Whispering a moan.

Izuku sucked in his breath. Her body was warm and drawing closer to his. Her shoulders rose as she tilted her head, her bangs swayed, shadowing her eyes.

Izuku cupped her cheek, stopping her. She perked open her eyes. His eyes were downcast. "Why?" She asked, confused. Deku was Deku.

Izuku took a deep breath. He raised his head. He glanced at the window. Sunny. He shut his eyes turning to her. He forced a brave smile because he was scared.

"U-Uraraka, let's just be friends."

Her orbs lost their gravity. She backed up slowly, climbing off him, and the bed. "S-Sorry, Deku! I-I shouldn't have come unannounced anyways." She scampered around the room getting her stuff.

"Uraraka, wait." He stepped off the bed.

"It's okay. I should get going before mom and dad get worried." She finished gathering everything, holding her bag. He paused in front of her. She hesitated.

Izuku and Uraraka stood in the middle of the room.

Maybe, they were waiting for the next moment to start, or maybe, they didn't want this one to end.

His phone vibrated. That brought them out of a shared reconsideration of their actions.

"Y-You should get that." Uraraka mumbled, walking around Izuku, opening the door and walking away.

Izuku rubbed his eyes before anyone saw, turning around. He walked her to the front door. "We'll still hang out, right?"

It went unnoticed, but her face stiffened with hurt. She huffed her chest before turning around to face him. "Of course, Deku! See you tomorrow!"

He smiled back.

Hers faltered. She turned to the door before he noticed. "See ya!" Opening it and leaving.

"H-Huh, yeah! See you-," The door clicked shut, "later..."

He scrunched his eyebrows. That was too forced from her. He mentally sighed. Could this be considered a breakup, from a relationship that wasn't even there? It sure felt like one. Lost in the moment while it happens, then the whiplash hits you after everything is said and done.

He trudged to his room. He walked to his computer desk, grabbing his phone. He checked his msgs. "It's from Yaoyorozu?" He scanned the text.

Hey Midoriya! Wanna go to the arcade tomorrow?

He subconsciously grew a smile, recalling. 'Yaoyorozu feels like the only one on my side, sometimes.' Iida was there, but he was also with Uraraka and that made him neutral. Yaoyorozu was Kyouka's friend but was doing her best to smooth things over.

Sure! Sounds fun! Who else is going?

Momo peeped out. She didn't imagine him to ask that. She rolled over on her bed. She stared at his reply. Should she just invite everyone? What about Jirou? She squirmed but typed.

Us two? No one else can make it.

Momo kept staring at her phone's home screen. Waiting to hear that chime of her text tone. She buried her face in her pillow. "What was I thinking?" She muffled out, giving up.

Chime.

She gasped. She swiped open her phone. He replied.

A promise is a promise lol! Can't wait!

Izuku sighed, dropping on the bed, his phone bounced on the springs, before landing beside him. "I was hoping she would mention Kyouka..." He closed his eyes, tired. He opened them, staring at the wall Uraraka had him pinned against earlier. "But I guess it will be fun with Yaoyorozu..." He closed them again, going to sleep.