Conversation With My Hero

Izuku was staring across the ocean. The waves reminded him of the months he spent training to become the vessel for One for All. "That seems like so long ago." His eyes reflected the calm droplets splashed on the water. The rain seemed so trivial out here. He reached out from under his umbrella, with his hand. A few streams slipped past his fingers.

He recalled yesterday. 'It can't be over.'

"I am here!" All-Might did his signature superhero skid, appearing behind Midoriya.

"All-Might!" As soon as Izuku spotted him, he reverted back to his weak form, spilling out blood. He smirked while wiping his lip. "Don't act so calm when you're losing so much blood!" Izuku cringed.

"Young Midoriya, why did you call me out here? Is something the matter?"

Izuku felt a little guilty. "Sorry for bothering you so suddenly, it's not even hero related. I just didn't know who else I could talk to."

"Nonsense. You aren't a bother or anything like that. Now, speak your mind, I will gladly listen."

Izuku gulped. 'Is it really okay to talk to All-Might about my personal problems.' He ignored the thought. He stared at the supportive eyes from the symbol of peace. He nodded to himself and began to explain.

"And that's about it." He finished telling All-Might about the mall and the story up until there.

All-Might started intently at Midoriya. He burst out laughing with blood. "And here I thought you were just a nerdy fanboy! But look at my boy, swooning the ladies!" He transformed into his muscle form and gave Midoriya a thumbs up.

"All-Might, I'm being serious here." Izuku felt uncomfortable, getting praise for having had a girlfriend and kissing Uraraka.

All-Might returned back to his weak state with a chuckle. "Sorry, young Midoriya." He rubbed his eye and straightened out his grin. "I just wasn't expecting this kind of a dilemma from you." All-Might's eyes held a focused shine. "But young Midoriya, a bright flame will burn out the fastest."

"Huh, I don't think I follow?" Izuku tilted his head and the umbrella. All-Might noticed that it was an umbrella with a design of him.

He ignored his fanboy side and focused on helping his successor. He coughed before continuing. "From what I can gather, yours and Jirou's emotions conflicted all at once, inevitably snuffing out your romance before it had a chance to bloom."

"Kyouka did mention something about jumping into it too fast, but that shouldn't matter, right?" Izuku pleaded. He didn't want to admit that it was a mistake.

"Izuku my boy, you and Uraraka had time to develop your emotions. It kindled slowly and grew bigger with every interaction you shared until you ultimately walked away, it might have not been your intentions but still... That, unknowingly left Uraraka to keep the fire alive by herself."

"All-Might a-are you saying I messed up with both of them? Did I honestly make a mistake with Kyouka..."

"That is not my point young Midoriya. I am simply stating the situation till now. If it was a mistake or not, is not up to me, it will be up for you to decide." All-Might spread out his arms. "Now, you must decide how you will act from here on out. Will you continue to blindly run forward, or look to those around you and at yourself."

"Those around me? And myself?" Izuku was staring up at him with his emerald eyes.

"Young Midoriya, did you ever consider how insecure anyone can get? Or the strain you put on your friends? Acting rashly and diving head first is how you ended up here in the first place."

"B-But it's not like I did any of that on purpose. It's just Kyouka and me got along so well-"

"And can you imagine how scary that could be for her?"

Izuku flinched his sentence into silence, with orbs. 'S-She said the same thing... and I completely ignored it.'

All-Might put his hands on Izuku's shoulders. "Midoriya, my boy, you're sometimes too kind to a fault. You were so kind to Jirou that she was able to let her guard down around you." All-Might had a thoughtful expression. "For someone as reserved and independent as her to rely on someone and lose that trust, just as fast, must be heart-wrenching for her." All-Might tried to keep his words soft, but saw the growing guilt in Izuku's eyes, until his hair hid the pain. "I'm sorry, but you can't change what is already done."

"... So what should I do All-Might?" It was quietly quivered out.

All-Might sighed. "I can't give you all the answers my boy, for I don't have them. I can say this though. You must acknowledge your feelings and those of others before you take the next step."

"But I already know how I feel about her, and I know if we can just get past this-"

"There you go again, blindly rushing in." All-Might uttered with harsh words. "You will only hurt others again."

Izuku gasped.

"Midoriya, what of your feelings for Uraraka?"

"My feelings to Uraraka, but I don't..." Izuku wasn't able to meet All-Might's looming shadowed eyes. He was clenching his fist and the umbrella tight, looking down and to the side, at the wet sand.

"Young Midoriya, it's understandable to feel something for her, after all the experiences you've shared, but without admitting it, you will only end up hurting Jirou, Uraraka and yourself." The grip he had on Izuku's shoulder tightened. He didn't want to see his successor in pain, physically or emotionally. "Can you honestly say that the kiss you shared with Uraraka was purely one-sided?"

The rain dropped on his umbrella, sliding off the design of All-Might's heroic smile. Izuku couldn't give him an answer and he hated that he couldn't. 'Did I just lie to myself about how I felt for Uraraka, so I could be with Kyouka without feeling guilt...'

All-Might released his grip and stood tall. "It's alright if you can't answer that right now." He stared up at the rain, a few drops landed on his forehead. "But when you do, that will be your first step forward."

Izuku's eyes regained some liquid hope. "All-Might..."

All-Might smiled back down at Izuku, growing into his muscle form. "Now, it's still early! This is the perfect time for you to train! Come on Midoriya, my boy!" He began to jog down the beach.

"Y-Yes!" Izuku rubbed his eyes and gave chase to his hero.

After only a few paces All-Might returned to his frail state, coughing blood.

"A-All-Might!"