Back to Roses

Sakura pov

I yawned and sat up in bed. The other side of the bed was empty, across the room Naruto snored muttered Hinata's name and rolled over. I got up out of bed grabbed me some clean clothes and made my way to the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was done I walked back into the room where Kakashi sensie was sitting at the small dining room table reading, he glanced up at me then gave me a hidden smile.

"Ahh Sakura glad to see your awake. I trust you got a good night sleep." He said. My cheeks started to burn as I blushed.
"Yeah. I'm well rested and ready to go. Where's Sasuke?" I asked.

"He's out on the balcony I believe. Once Naruto wakes up then we will be on our way to the hidden rose village." He said dropping his eyes back down to the page of his book. Turning toward the balcony I made my way to the glass doors that lead there. Standing in the beautiful orange glow from the sunrise was my boyfriend, my Sasuke-kun. I slid the glass doors open and made my way out to stand next to him, he made no move to look at me.

"Morning Sasuke-kun." I said giving him a bright smile, he just nodded and continued to stare out at the sun kissed sand. I moved my hand to Sasuke's cheek which caused him to stiffen, his skin was visually paler and wasn't as warm.
Must just be where he was outside.
My inner said, "How are you feeling?" I asked.

His onyx eyes were dark, he leaned in and slowly captured my lips. Sasuke and I have only been together for maybe a month but everything we did together felt right and I was sure that I would never get used to his kiss. He always tasted like mint which I loved. He quickly pulled back and swept some stray hair from my face, "I'm ok Sakura. Is Naruto up yet?" He asked, something in his tone wasn't right but I was still stunned from his kiss that I couldn't think straight.

"No the numbskull is still asleep. He keeps mumbling something about Hinata." I replide with a laugh.
Sasuke stayed silent, "Sasuke-kun please tell me what's wrong. Was it me sleeping with you last night? Or is it the poison?" I asked. He gave a small sigh then his dark eyes met mine, "I'm ok really. I just want this mission done with. You didn't do anything wrong." He said.

"Sasuke please don't..."
"Hey Naruto's awake. You two ready to go?" Kakashi sensie asked sticking his head from the door. Sasuke stood and helped me up, "Yeah let's go." He said walking silently past Kakashi. Kakashi looked at me but I only shrugged.

After stopping by Garra's then getting some breakfast and hearing Naruto complain for the hundredth time we finally made it to the gates of the hidden Rose village.

"It's only been a month and it looks different." Sasuke mumbled. I had to agree, last time we were here everything had been nice and warm now blossoming trees and rose bushes lined the way threw the gate but the clouds showed that it could snow at any moment. "Odd. It's the middle of winter and there's no trace of snow and plants are blooming." Kakashi sensie said looking around. He turned toward me and Sasuke, "Alright you two. You've been here before so you lead the way." He said.

Sasuke nodded and began walking toward the open gates of the village where we won the pagent and captured an S-ranked criminal just a month ago.

Wonder if they will even remember us? My inner questioned. It was then that a voice yelled, "Sasuke-kun!!"

Out of no where a girl tackled Sasuke in a hug.

Naruto's jaw dropped and Kakashi sweat dropped, I just smiled as he gave me a look that screamed help.The girl let go of him and turned toward us, that's when I realized who this girl was it was the one we had rescued last time we were here.

"I know you promised me you'd be back but it's only been a month Sasuke-kun did ya miss me that much?" She asked with a laugh. He gave her a forced smirk then patted her head like he had last time we were here.

"I know Aym."

To be cont...