Chapter 15

"But even though you're killing me, I need you like the air I breathe."
...

*Jungkook's pov*

"You're late." Taehyung said, a slight edge clear in his voice.

I could only stare at him, my body frozen in place. He sat on his bed, his hair disheveled but in an attractive way. The room smelled of musk, an aroma I could guess was coming from him. I closed the door behind me, locking it quietly just in case. There were clothes all over the floor but only on his side, the opposite side was neat and organized. I wondered who was his roommate. I turned my attention back to him. He looked angry.

'I mean when is he not angry'

"I-I know." I said, hating how my voice came out.

He stared at me, his eyes full of lust. He slowly walked over to where I was standing, immediately putting his hands on the wall beside my head as if trapping me. I gazed up at him, dread building up in me. He leaned down and his lips grazed mine softly, sending chills down my spine. I was about to be bold and kiss him already but he leaned away, anticipating this. He moved to my neck, creating hickeys on my skin and grazing his teeth on sensitive spots around my throat. This drove me crazy and he knew it.

"Fuck me." I moaned, embarrassment flooded into my mind, painting my cheeks an attractive crimson red. My hand quickly went to cover my mouth as I realized what I'd just said.

'God I sound so needy.'

"At least let me buy you dinner first." Taehyung smirked, not missing a beat.

Before I could respond with anything, his lips came into contact with mine in a passionate way. I kissed back with all the emotion I could muster, my embarrassment fading away. I suddenly felt a pair of hands at my waist, but instead of leaving them there Taehyung grabbed it roughly and lifted me up.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I yelped.

He ignored me, carrying me bridal style and walking over to his bed. I looked at him with fear, steadying myself on his arms. I could tell he was flexing his arms more than normal, his muscles hard under my hands. He sat down and placed me on top of him, my legs around his bare torso and his hands on my waist. Before I could protest he began kissing me roughly, my lips stinging from the action. My eyes closed involuntarily, but I didn't want this did I?

I was brought back from my thoughts by a sharp pain at my waist. I opened my eyes to find Taehyung digging his fingernails into me. I placed my hands on his chest, trying to push him away. He pulled away for a second to catch his breath.

"You're hurting me." I said, but it didn't matter, he ignored me and continued what he was doing.

He harshly took hold of my hands, preventing me from doing anything else. I pulled away with all the strength and courage I had, looking at him angrily. Taehyung sighed, his grip on my hands loosening.

"Why do you always look at me like that?" He said, his voice laced with anger. "It makes me feel bad."

'It makes him feel bad?!'

"So now you're playing the victim? Don't forget, you were the one who punched me in the face almost twice."

"Well yeah 'cause you were asking for it."

"Was I? Was I really?" I spat, anger rising in me. I was starting to regret ever accepting his invitation to come over.

"Listen, I don't know what you're so mad at me for. But if you want it so bad fine, I'm sorry."

"Well sorry isn't good enough." I said, crossing my arms. "Just because you're beautiful doesn't mean you can treat people like they don't matter."

My hand once again went up to cover my mouth. A few seconds passed, Taehyung not saying anything.

"You think I'm beautiful?" He finally said.

"Well-I-" I stuttered. "I-I do. But that doesn't make up for the fact that you've hurt me multiple times and somehow you keep doing it. Don't my feelings matter to you?"

He stared at me, not saying anything to defend himself.

"It's like you're one way in private and a different way in public. You act like I don't know you don't want to be seen with me, but I do know. I'm not stupid." I said, fidgeting with my fingers.

"It-It just." He said, sighing after. "Having something with you could ruin my reputation, you wouldn't understand."

I stared at him in disbelief.

"You're worried about that? " I pushed him away, falling off the bed from this motion. I quickly stood up, tears already falling from my eyes.

"Look I know you may hate me but I'm really trying here."

I swiveled in my place to face him, balling up my fists in anger. "You're trying? Trying to what, hurt my feelings? Destroy me from the inside? Shatter my heart into a million pieces so no one can build me back up?"

"N-no that's not what I-"

"'Cause I'm tired. Tired of you dragging me around like I'm just some pawn you can throw away when I'm not of use to you anymore." I said, a sigh escaping my mouth involuntarily. "I like you Taehyung. I really do. It's just that if you don't want to be with me, just tell me. I don't want my heart to be broken at the end of whatever this is."

He looked down at his hands, I waited but he said nothing.

"Fine," I said, turning around to leave. "It's clear that you want nothing to do with me. I'm sorry I didn't live up to your expectations. Goodbye."

I walked to the door, hesitating for a few seconds before removing the lock and stepping out into the hallway. Taehyung didn't try to stop me. I felt tempted to look back but I contained myself.

I quickly made my way back to my dorm. As I opened the door I found Jimin sprawled on his bed snoring. I sighed relieved. I couldn't bear to talk to him right now, not after hearing how giggly he was when I'd called him. I changed into an old t shirt and sweatpants before getting into bed. I cried a lot that night, Taehyung never leaving my mind for as much as I tried to think of something else.

'How could he be so insensitive?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello my beautiful readers! It's finally here, the chapter you've been waiting for. I'm sorry if it's not how you wanted it to be but this is a necessary factor to the story, please trust me.
Nevertheless, I have some good news! Saturday is my first day of spring break! This means I will likely be posting more chapters than normally for the extra time I would have. So look forward to that!
As for my other fics, I don't know if I really want to continue them, sure they have a promising story but I have recently been deciding whether or not to keep them around. Please let me know what you think in the comments!
Anyways, thank you for reading and I'll see you very soon! xoxo-Adri💖