Red Camellia

"Nice of you to show up." My mother says to me as I walk in the store.

"I'm not here to work." I assure her as I keep walking to the employee lounge. I open my locker and stuff all it's contents into my bag.

"What do you mean you're not here to work?" My mom asks, coming into the lounge.

"I quit." I tell her, slamming my locker shut and turning to face her.

"You what?" She asks, I guess making sure she heard me correctly. I don't think I mumbled my words.

"I quit!" I say again. And don't even wait for her to reply as I push past her and I faintly hear her calling my name and some obscenities being yelled. But I don't stop... I can't stop.

I have four days to figure out how to stop Spencer's parents from taking her off life support.

I don't have time to be working.

"Can I ask you something?" Madison asks me as we sit on her couch drinking tequila. After blowing off work I came over to her apartment and told her about my break up with Amy. She thought drinking ourselves into oblivion would be an amazing idea.

I didn't protest.

"Mhm." I mumble into my glass.

"Did you ever..." She trails off and looks at me. "You know..." She urges on.

Safe to say... I don't know.

"No, I don't know." I say pointedly.

"Well, you spent a lot of time at the Garden and you said you could see and touch her so I'm wondering if you ever..." She trails off again and I still have no clue what she's asking me.

"Mads?" I question.

"Did you ever..." She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Ashley, you're gonna make me say it aren't you?"

"Say what?" I ask, confusion written all over my face.

"Ugh!" She groans out.

"Seriously Mads, what are you asking me?" I ask raising a brow.

"Did you and the ghost girl-"

"Spencer." I correct her quickly.

"Spencer, right sorry." She shakes her head and sits her glass down on the table. "Did you and Spencer ever...do it?" She ask then quickly averts her gaze.

What?

"Do what?" I ask. She widens her eyes and nods like I'm supposed to OH!

"Madison, what the hell?" I shoot up from the couch.

"What?" She says standing up too.

"Why are you asking me this?"

"I don't know." She shrugs.

"I'm not discussing this with you Madison." I tell her firmly.

"Okay." She says in a defensive tone.

"Okay." I reply. We both sit back down on the couch.

"Well..." Madison says after a moment. "This is awkward." She adds as we both pick up our cups and take a sip.

"Is that everyone?" Spencer asks as I walk back into the room where we spend our days.

"Mhm." I nod and tell her placing the keys down on the table by the door.

"What time is it?" She asks me and I look at her intently before looking at my watch.