XXXII- Brandon's Heartbreak

Start from the beginning

"I mean, she's a bitch, but kill-"

"It's happening," Greyson said firmly, cutting Brooke off. "Once Stacy is out of the picture I believe Rogue will be weakened enough so we can end his pathetic life."

Lily furrowed her eyebrows, deep in thought. Eventually, she nodded. "If you're right about the brand then it could work, but Rogue has a lot of men. I've been tracking them, keeping records of who is working for him. I'll get them to you, so you will know where to start. You've got to be careful. If Rogue gets even a little bit suspicious then this whole plan is useless. You need to catch him off guard."

"I think we can manage it," Greyson said defensively, but after a moment he sighed and nodded. "Thank you for your help, Lily."

"I have to go. Can I trust you to look after her?" Lily looked at Harry and Brooke.

"I can look after my own mate," Harry snapped. "I want to be nice to you, Lily, but you're making it hard to do so."

"All I'm saying is that you lost her once before and now she's carrying your baby. That's my family too."

Harry narrowed his eyes. "That only happened because she was reckless-"

"She is standing right here," Brooke interjected and raised her hand.

"Do as he says," Lily said to Brooke sternly. "And let him look after you. Your secrets will you get killed if you're not careful. He's your mate, let him in. You're stuck with him, it's not like anything you're scared of telling him is going to scare him off."

"You two are going to be the death of me," Brooke grumbled. "Does being demanding run in the family?"

Harry and Lily looked at each other, smiles faintly tracing their lips. "Yes."

*

Soon it was evening. Brooke had returned to the packhouse with Harry and Greyson and had happy reconciliations and many congratulations on the pregnancy. She was relieved to learn that Alice was safe and unharmed, and still asleep in Kal's room with him keeping guard with Sasha. Greyson, Indianna, and Ace were preparing for the meeting with the pack and Brooke was with Harry in his room. She had wrapped herself in one of his jumpers, inhaling the scent and closing her eyes.

"I missed you," she whispered when she heard his bathroom door open. He walked out, covered only in a towel.

"You're going to get sick of me because I'm never letting you out of my sight ever again," Harry said and searched through his wardrobe.

"Come to me," Brooke said and held her hand out. She grabbed Harry when he neared her and pulled him down onto the bed, crashing her lips to his.

"I mean it," Harry growled. "Never leaving my sight, babe."

"Shut up and kiss me," Brooke demanded but they were suddenly interrupted when the door swung open.

Harry grabbed his towel that he had dropped and covered himself up, glaring at the intruder. "Shitting hell!" He swore. "What the fuck-"

Brooke sucked in a breath and Harry stood up, standing in front of her. "Rogue," Brooke said shakily.

"I see you're making the most of being back with your mate," Rogue said. He was leaning against the doorframe, watching Harry and Brooke with cold eyes. "I'm sure you know why I'm here, Brooklyn."

"I don't know what happened," Brooke said quickly and proceeded to tell him what Lily had told her to say. She prayed that he would believe her.

"And where is Alec now? And his mate?" Rogue asked. Brooke couldn't tell if he believed her story or not.