Chapter 3

*3 years later*

Demi

Junior high. Middle school. Whatever you called it I was nervous.The butterflies in my stomach never went away and have been there for a few days already. It was the first day of 7th grade and I've never been so terrified. This was gonna be a new school with new people. I had to make sure that I looked good too. I wanted people to like me this year and I wanted to have more friends. I want to start off new and I wanted to make an impression too. I asked Dallas for some advice and she told me to be myself. I almost laughed at what she said because being myself never worked. So that was out of the question. Dallas was a senior in high school which I was a bit jealous about because I wanted to be done with school. We went school clothes shopping and she helped me pick some cute outfits. I also asked mom and dad if I could use some make-up this year too. My dad was a little more hesitant than my mom about it but they agreed and said I could only wear a minimal amount.

"Dem. Get up. You don't wanna be late on your first day" I just groaned at my mom hoping she would go away.

"Demi" she yanked the blanket off me harshly "I'm serious get up and go get ready" she closed the door on her way out. It took me a few minutes but I finally managed to get out of bed. I went to the bathroom and got ready. I decided to wear a denim shirt with black leggings and brown boots today. I glanced at myself in the mirror making sure I looked okay. I have been gaining a bit of weight lately, but I know it will go away soon once. I grabbed my backpack for school and walked down the steps. I made it into the dining room and saw a full blown buffet at the table. I didn't want to eat this especially with all this extra weight I put on already.

"Demi. Come sit down and eat before you go" My dad instructed.

"I'm not hungry. I'll grab an apple or something" I picked up an apple from the fruit basket before I could bite into it, my dad put his hand on my shoulder.

"Demi. Just eat something. I won't last the day knowing all you ate was an apple" He gave me his pleading eyes and I had to give in. I rolled my eyes and groaned. I didn't want to eat this. It's only going to make me gain more weight. I put one pancake on my plate and slowly started to eat it.

"Are you guys ready for school?" My dad asked us as he drank his coffee. I rolled my eyes. I just wanted to leave.

"Yes! Senior year!! Can't wait to be done with school" Dallas squeaked.

"Maddie what about you?" My mom asked.

"Yeah" she smiled brightly showing her excitement. It made me smile that she was excited. Maddie is my life and my everything. She never fails to bring a smile on my face when I'm sad.

"Demi what about you?" My dad asked. The smile on my face vanished a bit.

"Yeah sure" The doorbell then rang and my mom left to go get it. I knew it was Joe since we planned on going together today. Joe has been my best friend for 5 years now and he's probably one of the best things that has ever happened to me. We've gotten closer together that's for sure. I would be lying if I said I didn't have a small crush on him. But I wouldn't want to risk losing our friendship. He walked to the dining room and gave me a big smile.

"You ready Dems?" I nodded and swung my backpack over my shoulder. I hugged my family then walked out the door as Joe and I headed to school.

"Are you excited? I mean this is gonna be a new school with new people" He was kicking a small rock as he was walking.

"Yeah I mean I guess" To be honest I wasn't. I didn't want it to be a repeat of my elementary years. I didn't want to be the loser that got picked on again.