Goblin Merchant Men (I)

I wake up with a massive headache from crying so much the night before, but strangely relaxed and at ease with myself. The dream I had, it was a nice dream. A very nice dream. I lay in bed staring at the ceiling contemplating everything that has been happening to me this last couple of days, and the dreams I've been having. I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes, I find myself hoping that these dreams are real. That they really happened. That I loved and was loved so intensively before. By him. Vlad Tepes, now Alexander Grayson. Scientifically this dreams have no values, no true explanations, they are only my imagination creating this scenarios, and yet they have been too consisted to be just that.

I always proud myself from being a woman of science, of believing only in the facts and the things we could see right in front of us, but now I find myself questioning that thought, wondering perhaps if there isn't something more. Something that can not be explained by facts and numbers and science.

A part of me feels like I'm betraying everything that I believe in, and yet I still think it. Ever since Alexander Grayson arrived in London, I have been getting this intense and realistic dreams about him, but the truth was this dreams had started long before he came. Ever since I was a little girl I would dream of her...Ilona, and sometimes I would hear a voice in my dreams, a male voice I never could recognize, always calling out to me. I recognize that voice as the one belonging to Mr. Grayson. 

Perhaps it's time to embrace the facts and actually start accepting them. 

After a while I finally find the will to leave my bed and start getting ready for the day. As I do so I unconsciously start humming the music Vlad was playing in my dream. It soothed me. I wonder if she ever got to learn it.

I am interrupted from my thoughts with the sound of the bell ringing. I go down the stairs and open it to find Lucy on the other side.

"Good morning. You look dreadful."she says getting inside the house noticing my red and puffy eyes from last night. "Pack your trunk and we shall go."

"Go where?" I ask confused, we hadn't made any plans to meet today.

"Mother decamped for Paris and left me on my own, and you know how much I hate that." I follow her into the living room " So, if the cure for my loneliness and your broken heart are the same thing..."

"How did you know?" I hadn't told her and I doubt Jonathan did.

"Dearest Mina, do not shed a single tear for Jonathan Harker." she says compassionately "Honestly, there's no point in wasting a single minute more thinking about what an awful twit he turned out to be. Not when you could be having fun with me instead." she proposes.

I have a feeling I am going to regret this decision but I could use the distraction. She takes me to her house where we spend the day just talking and I have to confess it did help me to get my mind off of Jonathan's betrayal and my dreams. In the evening we start getting ready to go out for the night.

"We shall make a full circuit, starting at the Savoy and arriving fashionably late at the officers' club ball, where the men shall be delicious, if a little too well-behaved." Lucy proclaims trying to cheer me up.

"Lucy...When you went to the house, are you sure you didn't see Jonathan?" I ask feeling a little disappointed that he hadn't made more of an effort to apologize. Perhaps he really wasn't the man I thought him to be.

"No, Mina." Lucy responds sympathetic "Not a note, not a card, nothing." she says coming close to me so she could give me comfort "No doubt he's already found some silly little cow who fits his description of a proper English wife."