Tea Time

The doors to the Great Room were humongous and tall with patterns in gold all over it. "Wow, this is extravagant, much more than what I was expecting," Skylor said, Nya shushed her. "...And so I was saying...Ah! Nya! Skylor! You got my invitation! Thank you Sam, Natalie, you did a wonderful job, you are dismissed," Misako said, as she waved them out the door. "Come, let me introduce you to the royal family of Jadeous! This is Emperor Hisui (Japanese for Jade) and Empress Yu (Chinese for Jade), and I'm sure you heard about their daughter, Harumi at the parade. You already know me, Garmadon, and our son, Lloyd, now come and join us so you get to know everyone," Misako said, wrapping her arms around the two girls and dragged them to sit next to Harumi. "Hello, I'm Harumi Jade! A pleasure to meet you! I heard about your accident with the bandits, you poor souls! Don't worry, those bandits will pay for their crimes. I saw you two fight, where did you learn to fight like that?" Harumi asked. "Uhhhhhhh...from our father," Nya asked, uncomfortable. "You should be my maid! I'd love to have a maid my age! You're 19, right?" Harumi asked, ignoring the fact that she was making Nya uncomfortable. "To be exact, I'm 18, but I'll be 19 in a few months," Nya smiled uncomfortably. "Oh! That's even better! A young! Queen Misako, is it alright if I have Nya as my maid?!" Harumi exclaimed. "Well, Harumi we'll see on how the schedule works out, we lost many servants, but we'll see what we can do," Misako said, sipping her tea. "Wow, the Jade princess likes you already. I'd rather serve the Queen or the Emperor and Empress," Skylor whispered as a butler poured tea into her cup. "I'm getting a bad feeling about this, thank you," Nya said as a maid poured her tea. "So, Skylor have you had any experience of being a servant?" Garmadon questioned. "Actually, I used to work at a cafe, it was how I met Kai," Skylor said. "Oh! Did you guys have a wedding or anything?" Harumi asked, excited. "Actually we just got married last year, Nya was an interesting flower girl and maid of honor," Skylor joked as she silently starts laughing. "Oh please don't start that again! I thought I told you not to mention this!" Nya said as she playfully punched Skylor on the shoulder. "What happened?" Misako said, happy to see that the girls got comfortable. "Nya was only 17-years-old but she...she threw flowers in everybody's faces and it turns out that she wasn't happy because of Kai, who ate her last muffin before the wedding! Nya mentioned it during the wedding and apologized to the guests," Skylor said, trying to say the entire thing through her giggles. The room was filled with soft laughter and then Harumi asked, "Skylor! When are you going to have kids?!". Skylor choked on her tea and smiled nervously, "I'm not planning on having kids until after Kai's services are over," Skylor said, blushing. "Oh, Nya do you have a boyfriend?" Harumi asked. "No, why do you ask?" Nya said, confidently. "It's just, you're really pretty to not have one, what about that boy-"

"Mother, I would request to be excused, please," Lloyd interrupted, as he got up from his seat and walked out the door, his cape flowing behind him. "What's his problem?" Nya asked, just the sight of the prince made her upset.  "Lloyd's been in a funny mood, something about losing a bit of control with his emotions," Misako stated. "Yeah, it makes him a real bummer, but don't worry he'll be over it eventually," Said Harumi. Lloyd was eavesdropping on the conversation but thought that it was just best to leave. He was upset and happy that Nya would be staying at the palace but her attitude towards him a few nights ago made her unforgivable. He liked Harumi but not enough to decide if she would be queen. He approached his chambers, requesting a snack to his butlers, and flopped onto his bed. There was a knock on the door, Lloyd opened it to see Nya with an expression that said: "Don't try me Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon". "What do you want? Shouldn't you be in the Great Room having tea with my family and their friends?" Lloyd said in a sarcastic happy tone. "LLOYD MONTGOMERY GARMADON! I'm not here to argue with you I'm here to talk," Nya said sternly.

"Talk about what?..."