The Bandit's Cave

It was bright and sunny and Nya thought that she might be dreaming about last, but the bandages and pain told her otherwise. "What's the meaning of this?" Nya said throwing off her blankets. "Forgive us, we just needed you to heal," the bandit said, except he didn't look like one. "Who are you?" Nya asked. "I'm Sukaretto (Scarlet in Japanese)  and this one is Hupo (Amber in Chinese) and the one that patched you up is Pira (Pyre in Spanish)," Sukaretto said. "Why did you bring me here? Please take me back to the palace," Nya pleaded. "I'm afraid we can't do that, ever since our ruler has disappeared, our land has not been prosperous as it once was, we seek help from the villages, who are willing to help. We act with force to keep up an act to keep the rulers from exiling us," Hupo said. "What about the house you burned down a few days ago?" Nya asked, desperate, wanted them to say that it was an illusion and say that her parents are safe. "What fire? We didn't start a fire, did we?" Pira said, her voice filled with concern. "No, that explosion took me by surprise, I'm afraid we don't know anything about the fire, though we have heard that two people died during our 'attack', " Sukaretto said. "Do you know Maya and Ray? They died in that fire! And I couldn't save them!" Nya cried and started crying from thinking about that moment. It still gave her nightmares. "Maya and Ray?! You mean our rulers were killed in the explosion?!" Hupo said, then ran off. "Rulers? My parents aren't rulers!" Nya exclaimed, shocked and curious. "They are, indeed, your highness. I'm sure you know the tale of Ignacia," Pira squeaked. "But...my parents didn't have elemental powers, how does that make me a ruler of Ignacia?!" Nya questioned. An elderly lady came in and took Nya by the hand. "Your training starts now."

   "Ummmm...I don't see how this is supposed to help me achieve my elemental powers of water, Sensei," Nya said, balancing on one hand. Even though the cave was in the desert, there was an oasis that was nearby and that was where Nya practiced. Kai was also taken and he was ecstatic to begin, he was taken to a forge in Ignacia to begin his fire training. "How come I'm the next ruler and not Kai? He's the oldest," Nya grunted, it was exhausting trying to hold herself up. "Nya, your mother was the next ruler of Ignacia, because only the daughter of a daughter can rule. Your brother will become the Supreme Commander of the Ignacia Army and will rule when you are away," Wu said. "How are you supposed to train me? Aren't you a Supreme Commander as well?" Nya asked as Wu tossed her his cup. "Yes, but I was also the one who trained Lloyd, you see, my brother and I are elemental masters as well but I was chosen to train the future generations because my brother got married," Wu said as he picked up a bucket. "Now the bucket test," Wu said, tossing Nya a bucket with a hole at the bottom. "The bucket test?" Nya said, disappointed to find the bucket with a hole. "Yes, once the bucket is full, your training is done for today, feel the flow, Nya," Wu said, summoning his elemental dragon and flew off to train Kai. 

   "C'mon, c'mon...ugh!!! How am I supposed to 'feel the flow' when I can't even command a single droplet? Ugh, this is impossible," Nya sighed as she sat down on the rocks. "It's not impossible, you're just trying too hard, your highness," A voice said. "Ronin? I don't know why I'm shocked, you're an actual thief," Nya said, then gasped. The water was finally obeying her. "Ronin! I did it! I did it!" Nya said, shaking Ronin back and forth. "That's good, but you'll still have to take back the crown," Ronin said as he filled up his bucket. "Take back the crown? How? I thought my parents left just to give the citizens of Ignacia space," Nya questioned. "That was just a rumor, your parents fled to escape an old enemy: Ogon(Fire in Russian)," Ronin explained and took the buckets back into the cave. "Ogon? Who's that? I haven't heard of him before. If he's that powerful enough to chase my parents out of Ignacia, he would've been able to make himself recognizable," Nya said, walking by Ronin. "Ogon...he tries to remain secret. He doesn't like the attention. He wanted me to serve him, but I ran off, joined the outcasts. He didn't have access to the royal vaults, no money, no services," Ronin said. "That's smart, what's Ogon like? If I have to face this guy, I might as well get to know him," Nya said. "He's bulky, there's that. He's tall, and he's also able to break rocks with his hands," Ronin replied. "Sounds like I need to train harder," Nya sighed, elemental powers were a pain to get a hold of but she wasn't about to give up yet. "Good luck...

"Cause you're going to need it..."