Annie desperately shook her head, "no, he can wait. I haven't seen Paige and anthem in months. She's five! Time flies when you're having fun." Annie dramatically sat down on the chair across from her mother's.

"What about we eat, get dressed, clean up the house and make the house toddler proof so anthem can wonder around freely?" Annie and Hayley both nodded, big smiles on their faces.

After Hayley made breakfast the way the Leblanc family always made it, the three of them started getting ready. All three of them did their best on their appearance. They haven't seen Paige and anthem for a few months so it almost felt like a first impression all over again.

Annie wore a white short sleeved t-shirt, a blue dress covered in tiny flowers and Filas finishing her outfit. She neatly curled her hair and did her make up. She didn't want to come across like a makeup artist, so she kept it simple and neutral.

Hayley wore a plaid skirt, a black T-shirt with 'independent' subtlety written in white letters and black and white slip on Vans complementing her outfit. Her hair was in two French braids and she had mascara on her eyelashes, just enough to make her eyes sparkle.

Katie wore one of her neatest skinny jeans, mainly because she hated any kind of dress or skirt, a crème blouse and white sneakers finishing her outfit. Katie never understood why both Annie and Hayley enjoyed wearing dresses and skirts since Katie hated them.

"Okay, Hayley, if you start picking up everything anthem could possibly grab from the floor and start vacuuming. Annie, I have a few spare bedsheets so go change the sheets on the bed in the guest room. I kept your old crib so if you could change the settings on that to make it a toddler bed. I'm going to the store to buy some gifts, toys and groceries. They should be coming over in three hours, we can do this." She said, already halfway through the door.

Annie turned around to look at Hayley, but she was gone. She lowered her head and saw Hayley already in the ground, picking up all the little things. She smiled and walked upstairs to the guest room. This old room gave her so many memories.

The time when Annie and Asher were still in high school they would sleep over at least twice a week. Katie loved it but she couldn't accept it if he slept in the same bed as Annie. When they were little, she loved it. Tucking in two kids who best were friends since they met, their giggles when she would turn the light off, she missed it.

Asher would always sleep in the guest room, not that it would prevent anything. Late in the night, when everyone was sleeping, Annie would sneak out of her room and in to the guest room. They would watch movies and eat their hidden food. They thought her mother wouldn't notice, but having two exhausted teenagers every morning after having a sleepover, is kind of suspicious

Nevertheless, Katie wasn't going to lecture them about it, they were teens and what is the worst they could do. Kiss? She would rather be a mother who they could enjoy than a mother they were afraid of.

Meanwhile, Annie was struggling to bring the sheet from one side of the bed to the other. Every time she was almost at the headboard, the sheet would come flying off, hitting her right in her face. This was one thing she always made sure Asher had done before she went to bed, but now she doesn't have Asher and needs to find a way to do it her own.

It took Annie at least twenty tries before she gave up. She's not a typical quitter but this time she couldn't care to try it again, she knew it wasn't going to magically get around the bed. Like she could hear Annie's thoughts screaming for help, Hayley walked in. "Okay how come I have done the entire house and you look like you just started?"

Annie rose herself from the bed, letting a sight escape from her mouth. "I have tried at least fifty times to get this stupid bedsheet on this bed but whatever I do, it won't work. So I give up"

Hayley sighed as she looked at her sister. She looked like she had just ran a marathon, wining a eating competition on its way. Long story short, she looked exhausted. "Let me see, little sister will help you." Annie gratefully jumped off the bed, watching her little sister lift the bedsheet of the bed. She turned around with the biggest disappointed look Annie has ever seen. "Just for clarification, you know you're trying to fit a queen size bedsheet on a kingsize bed, right?"

The disappointment made sense, this was probably the dumbest thing she has ever done. Annie doesn't get embarrassed quickly, everyone makes mistakes every now and then, but this was definitely one of the very rare embarrassing moments of Annie. "I want to say yes to make me sound less dumb, but it actually makes me sounds more dumb, so no; I did not know."

"You really think saying yes makes you sound dumber? You have got things to learn, hun." She stopped talking for a few minutes to purposely make Annie more embarrassed before she spoke again, "How about I grab another bedsheet, one that does fit, and you will fix Anthem's bed?"

Annie nodded, anything that escaped her from this moment. Hayley left the room, giving Annie the opportunity to let all her emotions out. She hid her face in her palms, even though no one was in the room with her.

"What are you doing? Go and do her bed, I'm thinking she will be exhausted after the long travel." Annie quickly pulled her hands off her face, turning around to face her old crib. It brought her back to when her mother forced her to sleep every night. Nowadays, she doesn't even have to tell her anymore, but the challenge is getting out of bed.

Changing the settings on the bed was easier on Annie, all she had to do was lower the mattress, but still. The house was baby and aunt proof within two hours, giving Katie the time to get groceries. She got healthy meals for a household of five for around a week, it costed her almost her monthly salary, but she thought it was worth it.

"Annie! Hayley! Can both of you help me with the groceries?" Katie said, as she lifted four, fully filled, plastic bags on the counter. It didn't take them long to walk from the guest room to the kitchen.

Annie and Hayley both had shocked faces. "Holy, mom. How long do you think she will stay? You bought food for an entire orphanage!" Annie took a quick glance inside the bag, making her jaw drop. The bags contained even more than she though they could fit.

"Just wait until you see what I have in the car." Katie gave her daughters a wink before she walked back outside. Both Annie and Hayley were nervous yet curious about what more she bought. It couldn't be much more, right?

i have been reading so much lately it's actually unhealthy.

the after we collided movie is actually so good omg