Chapter Three: Scott

Start from the beginning

"That's it?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, they must have been doing something up there.

"Yeah," Cory states.

"They didn't take someone? There was nobody else in here?" Scott's gaze went to them both, wanting to know if there was anyone else in here.

"No. It was just us," Cory stutters for a moment, but we believed them. But again there was that itch in the back of my head, something was terrible wrong here. Something I was forgetting...

..........................

After the whole situation at the library and that we couldn't do much, we all went home. I however, went to Scott's for some reason I didn't want to go back to my house, I didn't want to be alone. Melissa gladly opened her door to me, and we had a cup of tea, and a little chat. She was basically a mother figure I could count on, and I liked that.

"And that is what Elvis did," Melissa laughed at the end of my story. As I had told her the time I met Elvis, and what we did together.

"I can't believe he asked you to marry him," Melissa's laughed died down as she stared at me across the island counter.

"I've still got the engagement ring. I had to compel him to forget me," I chuckled at the past, but my smile dimmed as the past will be the past. I wore a gloomy expression as my eyes drifted from Melissa.

"What's wrong?" She asks softly, my eyes reconnecting back to hers.

"I think I'm lonely. All my life I've been moving around, making friends, but I know I won't grow old, have kids. I'll be stuck as an eighteen-year-old my whole Immortal life," I spoke the truth to Melissa, my voice seemed to soften. "But I'm going to live in the present," I picked my tone back up, and offered Melissa a smile.

"You know you can stay here for a night or two. I do not mind," Melissa offered me, as she smiles sweetly.

"I couldn't impose like that I'l-"

"Alice," she cuts me off, giving me a stern look, meaning she meant business.

"Fine. One night," I told her with a smile, as she smiles back, picking up the blue cup filled with tea and takes a sip, pleased with my answer. As I picked up my cup and began takes a sip of the warm liquid.

"You can sleep with Scott," she states after her sip, nearly making me spit my tea out of my mouth, as she worded in such a way and frankly I showed it. "You know what I mean," she chuckles as I place the cup back on the island.

"Thanks for the tea, Melissa," I smiled warmly at her as she nodded her head. I stood from the stool and made my way up the stairs, and coming to a stop at Scott's room. Suddenly, a strong whiff of blood entered my nostrils, and I knew it was Scott's as I've tasted it before. I opened the door to see him shirtless, and just in a pair of grey bottoms. He was holding a photo up.

"What photo is that?" I ask aloud as he shoots his gaze to mine as he smiles, turning it to show me. "Us," I smiled at the photo as leans forward and places it back onto the board. I came to stand next to him, as we stared at the photo. There was Malia, Lydia, Me, and Scott. I was sat crossed-legged on the table in-between Lydia and Scott.

"What are you still doing here?" Scott finally asks, making me turn my gaze to him.

"Your mum says I can sleep tonight. I told her no, but she insisted," I told him but he knows his Mum best.

"You know your always welcome here," Scott states, making my heart flutter a bit as I found it sweet. "I guess your staying in here?" I gave him a sheepish look as I nodded. "I'll get the-"

"We can both share the bed. I don't mind," I smiled softly at him as he smiles back and nods in agreement. "You got a baggy shirt?" I asked him as he quickly goes over to his draws and rummaged through to find a shirt. Within seconds he found one, and threw it at me and I caught it. It was a simple plain grey baggy shirt, I walk into the bathroom he had in his room and shut the door.

I didn't waste anytime and got changed, took off my clothing, but left my panties and bra on, and just slung the baggy shirt over. It was like a mini-dress, it was cut off at my waist, covering my area. I open the door to see Scott already under the covers at the right-side of his bed. I came into the room and placed my clothes onto a pile near the bathroom door.

"Ok, I'll leave them there," I told him as he was leaning up to look at me. I leaned back up and made my way over to the left-side of his bed. I pulled the covers back and gotten into the bed, and pulled them back over. I took a sigh as I was staring up at the ceiling.

" What's it like living so long?" Scott asked me out of the blue, catching me off guard to be fair.

"A blessing and a curse," I replied back to him, my voice quite.

"Sorry, I didn't mean-"

"I know what you meant, Scott," I cut him off as I knew what he was getting at. I clicked my middle and thumb finger together as the lights in his room went out. And I turned on my left-side to come face him, I see him staring down at me. "I know you mean well, Scott. God I know it. But to understand my life, you'll have to live it," I smiled thinly at him, before he shuffles down and lays on his right-side to face me, his oddly shape, defined jaw was clear in this moonlight.

"You know my life changed that night I got bit, and the night when you told us you were a Witch. Then a vampire," Scott began, his warm breath on my face. "Your life has had it's ups and downs, but I know you feel right here. With your friends, with your family," Scott states, as I tried not to swell up with tears.

"You know what to say to a girl to make her feel better," I chuckled at him, before leaning forward and wrapping my arms around him as he did the same. We hugged under the covers for a moment or two, but we both were soaking up the moment. The hug ended and Scott laid on his back as I did the same, both of us staring up at the ceiling. "Preitori Speculo," I spoke and suddenly, Scott's ceiling began to become see-through like we were looking through glass. I hear him gasp as he was surprised, but we stared out into the night sky, the stars shining brightly, and we saw the moon high. I sneakily slid my left hand into his right, and he accepted it.

"Night Alice," Scott rough and manly voice came into play.

"Night Scott," I replied back to him as I leaned my head to the left and onto his bare shoulder. His body heat was so warm and cuddly, but we both stayed like that and stared up to the transparent ceiling, soaking this moment in...

Living in the present...