18 | Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Andromeda

            The next day he took me back to my place where I knocked on the door. A blood shot pink eyed Anna opened the door. I calmed her crying down and once everyone calmed down, Luke explained that it was Atticus who kidnapped me which was the truth but on Luke’s behalf. He then said that Atticus attempted to rape me and that he saved me from him which is a lie. Anna and Brian believed it, I’m guessing but the look on Sarah tells me she doesn’t believe anything. That’s why she grabbed my wrist and I winced and she pulled me to the loo. Once she closed the door, she gave me a questioning look.

            ‘What’s really happening?’ she asked impatiently.

            ‘I can’t tell you, you’ll go to police,’ I said it pleadingly. I wouldn’t be able to take it if Luke killed Alex.

            ‘Andy, I won’t tell if you just tell me what he’s doing to you.’

            ‘I’ll tell you but not here, where he’s probably listening in to our conversation right now.’

            ‘Fine…does that mean you’ll still need your room?’

            ‘Technically, yes, so don’t give it away just yet. I’ll still send you your monthly payments in the mail.’ That seal the deal. Thankfully, Luke was in the kitchen. Probably trying to win Anna and Brian back over who were very sceptical about my scars. Now I’m very sure it wasn’t Atticus who gave me the pink scars... Besides I learned from the best…She has no recollection of what you did. I wonder if it was Luke but how? He’d never touch me like that. Yes he did kill Atticus but he did it because Atticus did touch me like that. The only scar Atticus gave me was the one on my neck. Because he’s a doctor, he even gave me stitches! Isn’t that nice.

            ‘We’ve repaired our relationship and that’s why she’s coming back to the UK with me.’ I heard Luke finishing up.

            ‘Oh that reminds me,’ Anna interrupted, ‘Alex was here yesterday after you disappeared. He was very worried about you…shouldn’t you be with him. I couldn’t help but look at Luke because I was afraid of his reaction. He looked surprisingly neutral with his jaw clenched. I looked back at Anna.

            ‘I’m breaking up with Alex, I still have lingering feelings for Luke. I shouldn’t have started a new relationship in the first place. It was wrong of me to do so.’ I quickly turned away trying really hard not to show emotion when talking about Alex. I couldn’t help it, I just wanted to hear his voice again like from the call I made in between blackouts. I was slowly packing my stuff savouring every memory I had of Alex Turner. From when we met to the time he took me to see the Doctor Who Experience, or the time he—

            ‘Are you done, yet?’ I jumped from a voice disrupting my musings. I turned around to see Luke. ‘We have to go, we’re on a schedule doll.’

--

Alex

            I’d gotten the call to meet up at a private café in London, two blocks away from my flat. I had to go to the meeting unfortunately with the most psychotic woman I’ve ever met: Paige Hallos. I went to the hotel to where she was staying at. When I got to her room, I knocked on her door. I could hear her singing ‘Coming!’ When she opened the door she leaned against the doorframe. She was wearing nothin’ but her lingerie.

            ‘Fuckin’ hell woman get dressed. We’ve got to go.’ I snapped tired of her crazy games tryin’ to win over what she’ll never get. She especially made that her goal when she got dressed in front of me. She smoothed her little black dress on and slipped her stocking clad feet in her pumps, then she walked over to me and pulled me into a kiss. My body screamed danger and I pushed her away. She staggered back and pouts.