Chapter XX

A few days later, I was watching TV at the place Tony lent me when the movie was interrupted by urgent news about them. There was a reporter who was talking about the encounter the Avengers had with a group of mercenaries. It showed destroyed buildings and some injured people. Then, the king of Wakanda in an interview blamed the Avengers for the death of eleven Wakandans. Then, it went about Wanda and how she destroyed a big building wih a bomb. After that, I turned it off. I stayed in my seat thinking about what happened with me last year. How I killed innocent people when I went berserk. I called Scott, but he didn't pick it up. I wanted to talk to someone.  I then called Tony, but he didn't pick up either.

"What's wrong with everyone?" I said as I lain on the couch.

"MAYBE THEY GOT BORED OF YOU. LIKE I DID YEARS AGO"

"Cruel Daemon, really cruel." I said 

"BUT I HAVE TO ADMIT. YOU ARE NOT HALF BAD. I HAD WORSE SUMMONERS."

"You mean other people summoned you before me?" I asked surpsised.

"OF COURSE I HAD. BUT THEIR INCAPABILITY OF CONTROLING ME IS WHAT BROUGHT DOOM AND DESTRUCTION NOT ONLY TO THEMSELVES, BUT TO THEIR CIVILISATIONS AS WELL.

"Like?" I asked curiously.

"HUMANS NOW CALL IT NATURE, WHILE BACK THEN THEY CALLED IT GOD. SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU COULD NOT AND STILL CANNOT EXPLAIN IT."

"I asked for an example" I said 

"DO YOU REMEBER YOUR FRIEND ADAM. HE HAD SUMMONED RHAKVE THE KING OF THE GOLEM REALM. DO YOU REMEBER WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE WHEN HE TRANSFORMED?"

"Yeah, He was like a stone monster" I said 

"CORRECT. JUST LIKE I CONTROL FIRE, HE CONTROLS THE EARTH."

"So what? Avatar is going to pop up next?" I asked sarcastically.

"WHAT IS THIS THING? NEVER MIND. AS I WAS SAYING, ACCORDING TO YOUR LEGEND AN EARTHQUAKE DESTROYED THE ATLANTIS BUT IT IN REALITY, RHAKVE's SUMMONER.HE WAS A PRINCE THAT WAS BLINDED BY GREED POWER. HE EXCHANGED HIS BROTHER's LIFE FOR RHAKVE. HOWEVER, HE THOUGHT THAT HIS PEOPLE DESERVED MORE. SO HE EXCHANGED HIS YOUNGER SISTER's LIFE TO SUMMON THE MOST POWERFUL SEA WARRIOR, THE KRAKEN. HOWEVER, HE LOST CONTROL AND THEY TOOK OVER  HIM, DESTROYING EVERYTHING AND SINKING THE CITY IN THE DEPTHS OF THE SEA."

"Wow. That was unexpected." I said surprised. "Did you happen to destroy an ancient civilisation too?"

"YES. BUT I WOULD RATHER NOT TALK ABOUT IT." 

"What?! Come on don't tell me you are embarrassed about it!" I said and laughed.

"IT'S NOT THAT."

"Then?" I asked wanting to know more.

"I AM THE KING OF DEMONS, BUT EVEN I MAKE MISTAKES."

"What you mean?" I asked as I suddenly had chills down my spine and I didn't know why.

"WE DEMONS LIVE LIKE YOU, HUMANS. JUST IN OUR REALM. WE ARE BORN, WE GROW UP, WE DIE. BUT IN THE PROCESS, WE LIVE. WE HAVE FAMILIES, FRIENDS, ENEMIES."