Chapter XII

After some time, I arrived in New Jersey. The coordinates I had, led me to an old and abandoned training camp. I got out of the car and stopped to stare at the entrance. The rusty doors where locked with a rusty chain. There was a wooden worn out label that was broken at some parts. The color had also fade away making it extremely difficult to read the name of the camp. I could barely make out the first three words.

"Leghin Military Camp"

I heard the sound of a car engine, took out my gun and prepared myself. A guy and woman came out of the car as it stopped with the woman holding a gun. We both pointed out guns at the same time.

"Natasha!" I said surprised. Though not so much since I was expecting them to arrive here.

"(Y/N)!" She said and after me. We both lowered our guns and hugged.

"You are the guy from this morning." The guy said said offered his hand.

"I've heard about you a lot from my grandpa, Captain Rogers." I said and shook his hand.

"Why am I not surprised." He said and laughed. "By the way you can call me Steve"

"How did you find us?" Natasha asked as Steve went to their car to take out his shield.

"You'd be surprised as to what I can do if I hacked S.H.I.E.L.D." I said smirking. Natasha just pulled her eyes and smiled. That smile.... If only she knew how much I've missed it....

Captain broke the chain and opened the door. I noticed him looking around and a detected a hint of...nostalgia.

Some buildings were destroyed and there were rubbles everywhere. I've read that this place was bombarded in 1945 by the Nazi after Captain America disappeared.

"Do you know this place?" Natasha asked.

"Yeah, that's where I trained." Steve said.

I didn't notice it but I started heading towards the barracks that the higher ups were staying. The building was half destroyed and damp crept up on the remaining walls. I walked inside and looked around. There were still some torn clothes and various objects amongst the rubbles. As I walked, I stepped on something and heard a small "crack". I looked down and realised it was a photo without glass and with a now broken frame. I picked it up and saw four people. There were two women and two men. I recognized the two men. It was my grandpa and Steve, who hasn't changed a bit. One of the women must have been pregnant. I saw a date "1944" I decided to take the picture with me and headed out of the building.

"Where have you been?" Natasha asked.

"Hey Steve can I ask you something?" I said completely ignoring Natasha. She frowned but didn't say anything.

"Sure." He said as well all walked towards a building that looked like an armory.

"Do you know the two women in this photo?" I asked and showed him.

Steve first broke the door at the strange building and then looked at the photo. His eyes went wide and I detected a hint of sadness, nostalgia and regret.

"Yeah. The woman next to me is Peggy Carter.  The other one is
Christina (L/N). The guy next to her is her husband "Arthur (L/N)"
He said and placed his fingers on Peggy's head in the photo.