Chapter XVI

I flew along with the robot in the night sky as the cold air hit me head on. It would have felt nice, had I not been flying on the robot. I tried to make it go back to the tower but with no avail. It started swerving left and right so as to make me fall but I held on tight. Then I took out my motorcycle keys and tried to open the back part of its head, which after many tries I did. Then I pulled all the cables and the robot shut down.

"Aha!" I said triumphantly as I held the cables on my hand. Clearly I hadn't thought very well about it. The robot turned off and started falling with me on top of it. We were over 300 meters high (984 feet). So a fall like that.... wouldn't be the best idea.

"Daemon I have an idea, but I don't know if it will work."

"IT BETTER, I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN TO REVIVE YOU."

"I really don't know if should be offended or complimented by this. Anyway, can your fire be used like a booster. So that I can fly?" I said as I took out my glasses and wore them. I activated them and saw on the screen:
Altitude: 200 meters
Altitude:195 meters

And it kept reducing every second that passed.

"DO YOU WEAR YOUR SUIT?"

"What are you taking me for? A newbie? Of course I do" I said and pulled on my sleeves.

"NOW, LET ME TAKE OVER."

"You're joking right? There is no way I will let you take over." I said as I checked the screen in me glasses.
Altitude: 120 meters.

"I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN SAVE YOU."

"There has to be another way. How do I know that if you take over you won't do anything else?" I said.

"YOU DON'T. BUT IF YOU DON'T DO IT, YOU WILL DIE. IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT."

I checked the screen one last time.
Altitude: 80 meters.
Altitude: 70 meters.

"Shit" I whispered. I looked down and saw the streets of Manhattan coming closer every second. I frantically searched left and right for anything I could grab onto, but nothing.

I checked the screen one last time.
Altitude: 30 meters.

"OKAY FINE DO IT!" I said and closed my eyes.

I felt my back heating up and soon a pair of flaming wings grew. Then I felt myself flying. I hesitantly opened my right eye and saw the Streets of Manhattan slowly getting smaller and smaller. I opened my left eye too and saw that I was flying. But I didn't use my arms or legs. I had wings. Big wings that were made of fire.

"YOU CAN NOW TAKE CONTROL AS WELL."

"Thanks" I said and smile. "I guess you can be in charge for a little more.". I always dreamed of flying, so that was one things scratched from my bucket list! I felt really happy.  Daemon did some spins and other tricks, he flew high and then we returned back to the Tower. I got in from the broken window. No one was in the living room anymore. I looked around and saw broken furniture,walls and some of the windows. As soon as I landed the flames died out.  I heard noises from Tony's lab so I went there and I saw Thor holding Tony by the collar and Steve trying to seperate them.